No announcement yet.

CyberGhostface's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so that’s a great looking set of books. Wow. Congrats on getting the matching numbers. There’s something so satisfying when the pieces fall together and you compete a set.

Comment

These aren't books but they're related to two authors I collect.

First is a new Pennywise Funko Pop. It has neon colors that glow under a black light.

Second is a VHS copy of The Woman. The Woman is an adaptation of Jack Ketchum's novel that I've featured here a few times. It's become a trend lately to rerelease new horror films in VHS as collector's items. I normally don't collect them but as a Ketchum fan I got this one. It also has notes from the producer and the director (Andrew van den Houten and Lucky McKee respectively).

Comment

That VHS is pretty cool. I hadn’t heard of this particular trend. I remember when the trend was to release DVDs in cases to resemble the old VHS cases/slips.

Comment

This is PS Publishing's limited edition of '20th Century Ghosts' by Joe Hill.

I really lucked out with this one. It was being sold on eBay for $300. I put it on my watchlist to keep an eye on it and a few days later the seller offered it to me for $150. Needless to say I grabbed it. (I've occasionally received offers before but nothing like that.)

Also included is an an envelope with art cards and a bonus DVD.

The DVD includes two short films based off Joe Hill's work, 'Pop Art' and 'Abraham's Boys'. 'Abraham's Boys' was co-written by a pre-Stranger Things Matt Duffer. Here's a look at the DVD menu and two screenshots of the films themselves. ('Pop Art' is available to purchase on Google Play but I haven't been able to find 'Abraham's Boys' at any retailer.)

Comment

That is cool. No idea their was a DVD. Congrats on this one.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This is SST's limited edition of 'My Heart is a Chainsaw' by Stephen Graham Jones. I have mixed feelings about the book; the narrative is a bit of a slog but I found the main character (a teenage girl who is obsessed with slasher films) to be endearing.

Comment

I recently acquired the two volumes of 'The Secretary of Dreams' from Cemetery Dance. These were two books that I always had my eye on but the prices on the secondhand market were too steep for me. Fortunately The Collector (skcollector.com) recently had them on sale for a reduced price.

For those who don't know they're Stephen King anthologies that present his stories as either comics or illustrated prose with art by Glenn Chadbourne.

Volume One:

Comment

Volume Two:

Comment

This is Suntup's artist edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.

In addition to the book, my package also had a 'Golden Ticket'. Twenty-five of these tickets were inserted randomly into the books with different prizes accompanying them. I was able to redeem mine for a $100 gift card. Needless to say finding the ticket in my box was pretty exciting and I'm grateful to Paul for the prize.

Comment

Those are all fantastic. Congrats on the golden ticket. That is awesome!
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on the "Golden Ticket". That's a collectible in itself. Was the ticket in the box or sealed inside the book and slipcase?

Ralph A Mulleins
                          ‐-----------------------------------------
                          Authors Page- https://tinyurl.com/3wr4tcsd

I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

The ticket was in the box separate from the book.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                              Thank you. I haven't been this excited about a book release in a long time. Not because of the Golden Ticket chance, but the contents inside the cover. Anytime you can open the imagination in an adults mind, you have accomplished something.

Ralph A Mulleins
                              ---------------------------
                              Authors Page- https://tinyurl.com/3wr4tcsd

I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                                . . . goes and rechecks his box . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X