CyberGhostface's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CyberGhostface's Collection

I started "collecting" fairly recently so there's not a whole lot at the moment.

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 11-26-2013, 05:16 AM.

The "It: 25th Anniversary Special Edition" will probably remain my favorite even when I get more. It is my favorite book of all time and I really love the production on this. The cover art is one of my favorite pieces, it's my desktop wallpaper at the moment. It's my first LE and I was a bit hesitant to get it given the price, but I figured I'd kick myself if I didn't.

I'm a UMass Lowell student, so when Stephen King came over I was able to go to a semi-private Q&A session (about a hundred or so people). I brought It along in a duffel bag just in case and afterwards a handful of people had brought some books as well so I asked him to sign mine. I was a little nervous given his thoughts on limited editions but he was very friendly and was like, "Wow, Cemetery Dance!"

Comment

Two recent purchases: The Dark Man with a signed plate from Chadbourne courtesy of the Overlook Connection...

... and the Gift Edition for Dr. Sleep.

Comment

Finally my Joe Hill books.

Subterranean Press's NOS4A2 (I'll put it on the bookshelf with the others once I get the slipcase)

These were from a Joe Hill signing around when NOS4A2 first came out.

He also signed a couple of other comics.

Comment

Very nice start, CG! Thanks for another collection thread. Hope you'll keep posting as you collection grows. (And remember, a "collection" contains more than just special editions of books!)
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

And what a way to start! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

An excellent start to your collection!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Very nice. Jealous of the Doctor Sleep book, and the special sig on your copy of It! I sorta want the Joe Hill book, though still not a fan of the cover being that it seems to fit for a graphic novel and not an actual novel. The art itself is good though, and for all I know it could fit perfectly with the story, which I still need to read
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Very nice, that Joe Hill N0S4A2 book sure gained some value fast, a hot item.

Comment

Great books. Welcome.

Comment

Nice collection! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Comment

Great start to the collection!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

FWIW this is my normal book collection or about a third of it. I have some more scattered around the house and there's another bookcase downstairs that's a bit disorderly at the moment. (If anyone's wondering those aren't first editions of The Shining and Cujo but book club editions I got from a library sale.) Also the book at the left corner is the pop-up edition of Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.

C9LRGIS.jpg

Comment

Thanks for starting a collection of yours. I too, didn't really have much, but it's still "my"/"your" collection, and that's what it's all about. I don't have any special editions at this time.

Comment

Very nice collection. I look forward to watching it grow. Thanks for starting another collection thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X