Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    I recently acquired two signed books by Jack Ketchum from Gauntlet Press.

'Sleep Disorder' which he co-wrote with Edward Lee.

'Closing Time'.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Some new additions from the past week...

Suntup's numbered edition of 'Hex' by Thomas Olde Heuvelt.

A signed copy of 'Pageboy' by Elliot Page.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is my complete numbered Hannibal set from Suntup. Thanks to a member on the Facebook group I was able to get matching numbers.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Suntup's numbered edition for 'Hannibal Rising' by Thomas Harris.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is something a little different. Skelton Crew Studio has been making replica metal keys associated with Joe Hill's work. Most of them have to do with Locke & Key but they've also made a couple for NOS4A2.

I generally don't get them but this one was different in that it had an exclusive Joe Hill story (about two pages) featuring Charlie Manx from NOS4A2.

(I'm not including the full story but if you're wary of spoilers there's still some text visible with the key.)

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 05-16-2023, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is the Hannibal Lecter Art Portfolio from Suntup. There are 37 prints in the set, here are a few I liked.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Two books came in.

First is SST's limited edition of 'No Sleep Till Wonderland' by Paul Tremblay.

Second is Suntup's classic edition of 'Hex' by Thomas Olde Heuvelt.

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 04-08-2023, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Suntup's artist edition of 'Hannibal Rising' by Thomas Harris. It's the black sheep of the Lecter books but nevertheless I am happy that Suntup completed the series.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Cemetery Dance's edition of 'Disappearance at Devil's Rock' by Paul Tremblay.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Dark Region's 30th Anniversary Edition for 'Offspring' by Jack Ketchum.

The bonus material has less to do with the book itself and more to do with remembering Ketchum who passed away shortly before this book this was announced in 2018. There's a lengthy archival interview with him and some rare personal photos (Dallas Mayr was his real name; Ketchum was a pen name).

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 03-11-2023, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I'm also not the biggest fan of CD's mass signing sheets either, but I don't hate them. I just kinda find them "meh" to my collector sensibilities. I'm also with Ron in that Thunderstorm's author pictures signature page weren't my favorite. It was an interesting idea, but it didn't add much in my opinion. SST's stylized signature pages are some of my favorite. They're fun and tie into the books well without feeling too cheesy.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Oh yes - CD's massive chaotic signature sheets. I have a few editions like that. Not a fan either.

Probably similar to Easton Press for aesthetically speaking - I don't like the look of their books. Period. Especially the spines with SIGNED EDITION on them. I know they have a definite classic design, but it's not for me.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Maybe it's silly, but I've been LOVING what SST has been doing with their signature sheets lately.
    No, not silly...signature pages can really make a difference in how one views a signed/limited edition. While I still loved the press at the time and its overall design aesthetic, I wasn't much of a fan of the early(ish) era when Thunderstorm had a large author's photo on the signature page. I have no idea why, but that particular presentation just rubbed me the wrong way, and there were probably a few books of theirs that I otherwise would have bought but skipped because of that issue. Another example: I loved signed/limited anthologies, but my enthusiasm for them cooled off some when some publishers, like CD, turned to mass signing sheets of a dozen-plus scribbles rather than the more classic, organized format of individual lines for each authors with the name typed below. We like what we like, and that's what keeps this hobby interesting and different for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Maybe it's silly, but I've been LOVING what SST has been doing with their signature sheets lately.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    New arrival from SST Publications...

'We Sold Our Souls' by Grady Hendrix.

'The Final Girl Support Group' by Grady Hendrix.

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 03-03-2023, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X