T-Dogz_AK47's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    An amazing edition. Again, congtaz on the add.
    Originally posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Very nice. Fantastic production and wonderful artwork. Great addition.
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    I've been watching it, too, and your posts make me want a copy even more.
    Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
    Simply gorgeous. Your pictures make me really want to buy that book, even though I know I shouldn't.
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Great!!!
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I absolutely love that book. Beautiful. Just beautiful.Congratulations.
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anubis Gates is such a beautiful book! Congrats on the addition to your collection!
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    That is an awesome book!
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Very, very nice, Tim! Centipede always make top notch books, but I think they outdid thselves on The Anubis Gate.
    Thanks for the awesome comments, everyone!!

I think The Anubis Gates is an excellent read and it is certainly a superb book. I am so glad that it received the deluxe treatment that it so richly deserved!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Anubis Gates is a book that has been on my list of books I want to read - The story sure sounds intriguing to me. And what a wonderful edition you've found!!!!

Comment

I really need to read that book.

Also, I hope Centipede does an edition like that for Declare at some point.

Comment

It's on my TBR now!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It's on my TBR now!
            Mine too now.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              I really need to read that book.

Also, I hope Centipede does an edition like that for Declare at some point.
              It's on my TBR now!
              Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
              Mine too now.
              It's a great book. You won't be disappointed!

I have just checked the Centipede Press website and they only have a couple of unsigned copies of The Anubis Gates left available @ $295 each:

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/anubisgates.html
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

I'm stunned that's an absolutely gorgeous book. Congrats on the add.

Comment

That's strange. I was looking at the listing for Anubis yesterday and I am quite certain that the signed copies were $295 and the unsigned were $195 but now there aren't any signed and the unsigned went up $100?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
                    I'm stunned that's an absolutely gorgeous book. Congrats on the add.
                    Thanks, Mike!!!
                    - Stephen King

Comment

That's strange. I was looking at the listing for Anubis yesterday and I am quite certain that the signed copies were $295 and the unsigned were $195 but now there aren't any signed and the unsigned went up $100?
                      Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw that too but I think the signed copies were part of Jerad's 'Scratch and Dent' sale. That doesn't explain why an unsigned edition should go up in price by $100 though...
                      - Stephen King

Comment

Centipede Press has scratch and dent copies available in both signed ($195) and Unsigned ($125) available http://www.centipedepress.com/scratchanddents.html

Comment

Solid deal. If I didn't just blow my book budget on their edition of Salem's Lot I'd be all over that.

Comment

I asked Jerad:

Hi Jerad, is the only difference between these two the scratch/dent book?

Tim Powers: The Anubis Gates dented, unsigned, hardcover in new slipcase,
                            2 copies only $125

The Anubis Gates
                            Tim Powers
                            Unsigned but in new slipcase $295

He responded:

I'm glad you brought this to my attention -- I don't have those anymore! Sorry about that!

I didn't see that he'd updated the website yet, though.

Comment

The Scratch and Dents have been removed from the site.
                              I asked Jerad:

Hi Jerad, is the only difference between these two the scratch/dent book?

Tim Powers: The Anubis Gates dented, unsigned, hardcover in new slipcase,
                              2 copies only $125

The Anubis Gates
                              Tim Powers
                              Unsigned but in new slipcase $295

He responded:

I'm glad you brought this to my attention -- I don't have those anymore! Sorry about that!

I didn't see that he'd updated the website yet, though.

Comment

That's what I now see, also. I wonder about the price hike for the unsigned, unmarred copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X