Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    What an amazing deal on The Prophet. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Beautiful book. Not to mention a heck of a deal.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Nice, Keith!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Here's another lettered edition: The Prophet by Michael Koryta. I was not necessarily in the market for a copy of the lettered edition as I have the signed limited and just haven't had a chance to read it...BUT two things occurred: 1. I absolutely love the non-traycased lettered editions that CD does (I like the traycased lettereds as well, but this version edges it out slightly) and 2. I got it for a stinking steal. I won it on Ebay for $25 with free shipping. For that price, I couldn't NOT add it to my collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21024[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21025[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21026[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21027[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21028[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21029[/ATTACH]
    Great find, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Here's another lettered edition: The Prophet by Michael Koryta. I was not necessarily in the market for a copy of the lettered edition as I have the signed limited and just haven't had a chance to read it...BUT two things occurred: 1. I absolutely love the non-traycased lettered editions that CD does (I like the traycased lettereds as well, but this version edges it out slightly) and 2. I got it for a stinking steal. I won it on Ebay for $25 with free shipping. For that price, I couldn't NOT add it to my collection.

IMG_1494 (2).jpg
    IMG_1495 (2).jpg
    IMG_1499 (2).jpg
    IMG_1500 (2).jpg

IMG_1497 (2).jpg
    IMG_1498 (2).jpg

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Beautiful looking book. It's also a great story. Simon Clark is a very good writer.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Beautiful copy!
    Nice, Keith!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Beautiful copy!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Here is my newest addition: the lettered edition of Butterfly by Simon Clark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21014[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21015[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21016[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21017[/ATTACH]
    Great addition!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Here is my newest addition: the lettered edition of Butterfly by Simon Clark.

IMG_1490 (2).jpg
    IMG_1491 (2).jpg
    IMG_1492 (3).jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, to be fair, Little seems to only be a miss with me. I'm the only one making it divisive here! But that is one beautiful book, regardless!
    How dare you have your own opinions and not like what everybody else likes?! Honestly, I think Little is a divisive author in general; one either gets his work and goes for the ride, or just doesn't. For me, I like his stuff enough when it hits that I'm willing to trudge through the stuff that doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    If memory serves, I think it was THE MAILMAN that Jeff read and, to put it kindly, didn't like. Given that that novel is pretty representative of Little's style and eerie and surrealistic bent and is one of his better novels, he just oddly enough doesn't seem to be Jeff's thing.
    In that case I retract my statement and acknowledge my memory is shot!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Not trying to send you back to Mr. Little but The Mailman is my favorite Little read and a great story!
    If memory serves, I think it was THE MAILMAN that Jeff read and, to put it kindly, didn't like. Given that that novel is pretty representative of Little's style and eerie and surrealistic bent and is one of his better novels, he just oddly enough doesn't seem to be Jeff's thing.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well, to be fair, Little seems to only be a miss with me. I'm the only one making it divisive here! But that is one beautiful book, regardless!
    Not trying to send you back to Mr. Little but The Mailman is my favorite Little read and a great story!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Last but not least: The Mailman by Bentley Little. Mr. Little is divisive on the forum and I find his work rather hit-or-miss, but when it hits I like it quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X