• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're most welcome! Please post when it arrives. I'm curious to see it

Comment

You know it!

Comment

Hey Theli,

Easton posted this this morning. Wanted to let you know in case you're not a subscriber since you love the Arthurian legends:

arthur.jpg
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Oh man, that's killer! Probably out of my price range though... Easton has put out some killer Arthurian selections lately. The Arthur Rackham illustrated edition, Tennyson's Idylls of the King with Gustav Doré illustrations, hell even Tolkien's The Fall of Arthur... now this! They're killing me!

Thanks for the heads up though, I will have to investigate at the very least.

Comment

The Idyll of the King is one colossus book at 12"x16". You also might want to look into their High History of the Holy Graal. It's got beautiful hand marbled end pages btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
              The Idyll of the King is one colossus book at 12"x16". You also might want to look into their High History of the Holy Graal. It's got beautiful hand marbled end pages btw.
              Ah yes, I did see that one too... So many. I don't own any of them yet, but want them all. I do have other editions of a couple of them, Tolkien's Fall and Tennyson's Idylls with Doré art. To be honest the price on this set isn't too extravagant. I will have to consider it.

Sounds like you might have a couple...that makes me curious to see your collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                Ah yes, I did see that one too... So many. I don't own any of them yet, but want them all. I do have other editions of a couple of them, Tolkien's Fall and Tennyson's Idylls with Doré art. To be honest the price on this set isn't too extravagant. I will have to consider it.

Sounds like you might have a couple...that makes me curious to see your collection!
                I don't have much as I'm very selective with EP. I really only started "collecting" 2 years ago. So still growing Maybe I'll create a thread just to see progression in my collections.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                  I don't have much as I'm very selective with EP. I really only started "collecting" 2 years ago. So still growing Maybe I'll create a thread just to see progression in my collections.
                  You should! I'd love to see your burgeoning collection! I started my collection thread here when I was only just beginning, if you go back to the start of my thread (though most of the pics crashed) you would see the first few "Limited edition" books I ever bought shortly after buying them. Though I've always collected books, it was only in the last maybe 4-5 years I started going for anything other than trade editions. I mean, hell, I didn't even know how to tell the difference between first editions and later printings, or book club edition compared to trade until joining up here!

Comment

Here's my latest additions, some books that I'd been dreaming of, others hunting for, and one was just too damn good of a deal not to buy.

First up is One For The Road by Stephen King, signed slipcased edition. This one I'd been hunting for a while now, but never quite finding it for the right price. I will say it was a bit more than I had hope, but still a worthwhile purchase! This was the aforementioned 'Salem's Lot related piece I had mentioned earlier in my thread.

Not a 100% certain how I feel about the art, not my usual style, but it does add a feel to it, reminds me of the old picture books I used to read as a kid, like Robert Munsch. And it is packed with art, I thought their might be 4 or 5 pictures, but it's every page.

Comment

Next up is Savages by K.J. Parker, I picked this up for a steal from Sub. Press' $10 dollar hardcover sale. Slightly bumped, but it seems fine to me. Maybe a bit of the DJ fitting the seems of the binding... but really nothing noticeable.

Comment

This book had sold out very quickly after it's announcement, and my wallet had been occupied with other purchases at the time, a week later and I was hunting all over to find it. I did eventually find one place that had a copy, but even they were tough to deal with and I worried that my order had not worked. I ended up calling the company and getting it taken care of though and I was very pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

It features many, if not all of the alternate covers for different editions, as well as newly illustrated endpapers (both back and front are different and both equally amazing) and some fantastic newly drawn maps. Lastly it features a top notch painting from Michael Whelan, though not used for Elantris, had actually inspired it's creation in some ways. A fantastic edition, glad to have it.

Comment

Well I've added something I'd only dreamed of to my collection recently, though I highly doubt I'll finish the series. Fortunately a good friend was willing to part with his extra copies for a more than fair price, and I was glad to take them.

Based on his work on Tolkien books I've been a fan of Ted Nasmith for some time, so I was very pleased to add a signed edition with his work to my collection. The book is also peppered with black & white art throughout, and beautiful character profiles at the top of each chapter.

Comment

And yet, despite my love of Nesmith and my ignorance of Richard Hescox, I actually prefer the art in this edition. It has even more smaller black and white art throughout too, which I appreciate. Both are fantastic editions, just love'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                              Here's my latest additions, some books that I'd been dreaming of, others hunting for, and one was just too damn good of a deal not to buy.

First up is One For The Road by Stephen King, signed slipcased edition. This one I'd been hunting for a while now, but never quite finding it for the right price. I will say it was a bit more than I had hope, but still a worthwhile purchase! This was the aforementioned 'Salem's Lot related piece I had mentioned earlier in my thread.

Not a 100% certain how I feel about the art, not my usual style, but it does add a feel to it, reminds me of the old picture books I used to read as a kid, like Robert Munsch. And it is packed with art, I thought their might be 4 or 5 pictures, but it's every page.
                              Nice pick up! I have the unsigned, unnumbered edition that as supposed to be numbered with letter from Pete explaining the mistake. Nice artwork from your other editions as well.

Comment

I've chosen to go a less expensive option with the Song of Ice and Fire books, The Harper/Voyager set is a pretty nice alternative. Though if I found the right deal, I would jump on the Subterranean set. Nice adds for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X