No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool. Haven't read Colorado Kid yet - looks like a nice copy.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Went down to the book sale today, got exactly what I was looking for. A reader copy of The Stand uncut, The Dark Tower 2 and 3 reader copies, and a slew of first editions. Each book was only a buck or two, except Mr. Mercedes and Revival which were $4 each, but in surprisingly nice condition. Unfortunately not all of the others are quite so nice, the copy of Cell has a few tears in the dust jacket and the gold band on Under the Dome has a tear in it (but for $2, it's still a steal). The last picture is book club editions (or at least I assume) they have no price on the dust jackets, that's probably a good sign of a BCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        The last picture is book club editions (or at least I assume) they have no price on the dust jackets, that's probably a good sign of a BCE.
        It is. The color of the endpapers is another; for example, a first edition Skeleton Crew has brown (I believe) endpapers, but the BCE will have white ones.

Comment

Cool, it's what I figured. Still no complaints for a buck each.

Comment

Nice additions! I love used book stores/sales. I never thought I'd buy as many books as I have over the last couple years (thanks to everyone on here and there collections!), but now I am pretty set on completing my King 1st ed hardcover collection (if they are first printing, bonus, otherwise, it's still nice to have).

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              Nice additions! I love used book stores/sales. I never thought I'd buy as many books as I have over the last couple years (thanks to everyone on here and there collections!), but now I am pretty set on completing my King 1st ed hardcover collection (if they are first printing, bonus, otherwise, it's still nice to have).
              I've also begun collecting 1st/1st Kings, as my recent pics illustrates. Just starting with the cheaper ones for now, whatever I can grab from book sales, used book stores and garage sales. Eventually I'll upgrade some of the rattier editions and grab some of the rarer copies online (unless I get really lucky and find a 1st ed. 'Salem's Lot at a garage sale ).

Comment

Be careful, that is a slippery slope lol!!!
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Be careful, that is a slippery slope lol!!!
                  Mike
                  I'm slidin' brutha!

Comment

I think there are only four or five that will cost you significantly more than cover price.

Comment

I think some are pretty hard to truly ID as 1st/1st too if I am not mistaken. For me, I enjoy a HC book better - easier to read in most cases.

Comment

You can try ThestephenKingcollector.com They have a comprehensive list as to what denotes SK 1st's for both US and UK. Plus they sell some nice slipcases.
                        Mike

Comment

Just got this today!
                          IMG_0480.jpg

Comment

Why thank you, I always wanted an Ian Whates book in my collection!

Just picked this up today first US edition:

Comment

Grabbed these from the local used book store:

They have a couple more I want, we'll see if I get to them before they are gone.

Also ordered these guys a while back:

Comment

Also just got these today and yesterday:

I didn't receive the chapbook with my SP pre-order of The Shining, so I'd been wanting to pick it up. A member over at TheDarkTower.org had this remarqued copy for sale so I jumped on it. It's the first remarque in my collection.

And I grabbed the other two at the book store today. Figured I'd grab a french SK book as it had been a while since I'd read any French and I might as well brush up on it while enjoying a King/Hill book.

Comment

Working...
                                X