No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats -- definitely an exciting addition!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Love it! She's a beaut--thanks for the pics.
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks all! Glad to have it in my collection!

Comment

It's been a while since I have updated my collection thread so there maybe a few things to add:

Bought this from a friend on the DT site. First edition, second state with Father Cody error. Shape is a bit rough as it is ex-library copy, but it was a more than fair price and I hope to upgrade the book itself later if I can find a decent copy sans dust jacket.

Received the next two as gifts from a different member of the DT website as part of our yearly Secret Santa. Very cool gifts indeed!

Waterstones' Charlie the Choo Choo slipcased limited edition:

I also got the 1st US edition. They look the same but they are a bit different. Materials used for the boards differ. UK has a bit of a coarser texture, while the US edition is smooth.
          Last edited by Theli; 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Got this one recently, working on completing the PS collection of these Erikson books. I'm not always 100% keen on PS books, but I do think they have stepped it up a notch on their most recent output.

^I gotta be honest I'm not sure if that's a fish or a mutated penis.

Grabbed this at the book store a while back:

My girlfriend bought me this for Christmas, love the comic book style art.

Comment

She got me this Folio edition for my birthday back in November:

Not quite as intricate art, but very appropriate. Folio always does a great job selecting art and artists for their projects.
              Last edited by Theli; 01-10-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Some great looking stuff, Theli! I agree that PS has been 'stepping up' lately, though some of their slipcases still feel a bit on the cheap side to me. I've been very happy with all of their Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novellas, however. They've been peak production value for PS pretty much since 2003. Side-note: They remain my two favorite characters in the entire Erikson canon.

Those Folios are nice too, as they usually are. I think I got that Greek Myths set as an incentive gift when I first joined FS about 15 years ago. There's so much overlap between EP and FS that I finally decided to control my shelf space by only buying fiction from EP and non-fiction from FS. But looking at that very slick copy of Princess bride you've got throws me a few misgivings about that policy.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks Daninsky!

For what it's worth EP do have a very handsome edition of The Princess Bride as well.

Comment

Congrats on the nice items.

I'm not sure why PS felt it necessary to alert the buyers of the S/L edtion of the Erickson volume that "An unsigned edition is also available" so prominently on the signature/limitation page...it's things like that sometimes leave me scratching my head when it comes to PS. I'm generally a fan, but they've got some production and layout quirks and shortcomings that I wish they'd overcome. I agree, though, that they do seem to be stepping up of late...I look at the production of an early PS volume and a contemporary one, and the improvement is evident.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Nice adds, Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Congrats on the nice items.

I'm not sure why PS felt it necessary to alert the buyers of the S/L edtion of the Erickson volume that "An unsigned edition is also available" so prominently on the signature/limitation page...it's things like that sometimes leave me scratching my head when it comes to PS.
                        I didn't even think about that, but looking at it now, it is pretty tacky haha.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Comment

Nice stuff! I've become a big fan of Folio over the last year or so.

Have you read that Charlie the Choo-Choo? Been wondering how that was.
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

It's a fun read, and the art is pretty humorous. If not outright morbid, per se, there is something oddly disconcerting about it. The text itself was taken from The Dark Tower series, I think The Wastelands... honestly haven't read the whole series so I cannot say. In other words it's not a new work, but a cool work of fiction from a fictional universe.

Comment

My newest addition, not exactly a book though:

This is a prelim painting from Don Maitz for CD's forthcoming edition of The Shining.

Without flash:

I absolutely love it. There were 5 prelims up for sale and this was my favourite of the bunch. They were all snatched up quick so I am glad to have been able to get this one.

I have a few other new acquires that I will hopefully be loading over the next few days, as well as loading some pics of my newly (mostly) organized shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                My newest addition, not exactly a book though:

This is a prelim painting from Don Maitz for CD's forthcoming edition of The Shining.

Without flash:

I absolutely love it. There were 5 prelims up for sale and this was my favourite of the bunch. They were all snatched up quick so I am glad to have been able to get this one.

I have a few other new acquires that I will hopefully be loading over the next few days, as well as loading some pics of my newly (mostly) organized shelves.
                                Love that. Congratulations on the acquisition!

Comment

Working...
                                X