• Show
Clear All

Calason's collection

I hope you enjoy!
    Attached Files
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

And more...photos 022.jpgphotos 026.jpgphotos 023.jpgphotos 025.jpgphotos 024.jpgphotos 021.jpg
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Oh, I enjoyed alright.
      Very nice collection.
      It's great to see so many Kingbooks. I notied you have both the regular plus numbered Green Mile.
      Were you one of the lucky ones to walk the green mile.....I'm sure you know what I mean.

And something I always wonder about: should I display my slipcased books with the books showing, or the other way around? I see you've got your books showing. I only do this when the front of the slipcase is bare. Otherwise I display the front of the case.

sk
      Last edited by frik51; 05-20-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Frik it has to be the books showing so you get to enjoy some art work ... never understood people who put them slipcase facing out!

Also great collection calason, those bookshelves are real nice too

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
          Frik it has to be the books showing so you get to enjoy some art work ..
          I'm not sure I understand correctly.
          The books showing - you only get to read the title.
          But the front of the slipcase often seems to be made for displaying.
          Compare:

I think I'd go for the first.

sk

Comment

Frik, I did indeed, walk the green mile. I have always just put the books spine out, no reason really.

Tito, bookshelves are just the "Billy" series from IKEA, with glass doors. I like them because they look nice and can hold the weight without bowing

Thanks for looking, I enjoy showing off my collection, and seeing others shown off.

And, for whatever reason a few pics didn't make it. Here they are, maybe...photos 020.jpgphotos 009.jpgphotos 018.jpgphotos 028.jpg
            -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
              I am going to hunt for that A Feast For Crows.
              That looks like a gorgous set of books.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
                I am going to hunt for that A Feast For Crows.
                That looks like a gorgous set of books.

sk
                Even though the Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings do not fit size-wize with the Subterranean editions, I think the art was much nicer and the Game of Thrones particularly is a beautiful book.

Comment

Very nice collection, great bookshelves too!
                  Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Excellent collection - I need to check out those "Billy" cases... they are really quite nice. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

This is just some of my stuff. I recently moved and am unpacking. I left some spots open that will soon be filled. I'm glad you guys like.
                      -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Wow, very impressed with all that! Love the bookcases too as those are exactly what I am wanting to get to keep mine in one of these days. I am guessing those bookcases were not cheap, lol
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                          Wow, very impressed with all that! Love the bookcases too as those are exactly what I am wanting to get to keep mine in one of these days. I am guessing those bookcases were not cheap, lol
                          Thanks! The bookcases weren't that bad. I guess maybe $500 total, over a period of a few years. When I could get one, I did, and so and so forth.
                          -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            Oh, I enjoyed alright.
                            Very nice collection.
                            It's great to see so many Kingbooks. I notied you have both the regular plus numbered Green Mile.
                            Were you one of the lucky ones to walk the green mile.....I'm sure you know what I mean.

And something I always wonder about: should I display my slipcased books with the books showing, or the other way around? I see you've got your books showing. I only do this when the front of the slipcase is bare. Otherwise I display the front of the case.

sk
                            I also have often wondered how to display my slipcased books. I display mine with the slipcase showing if it has something written on it. If it is bare, I have the book showing. I have the book showing when the slipcase is bare because it is just so much easier to which book it is.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                              I also have often wondered how to display my slipcased books. I display mine with the slipcase showing if it has something written on it. If it is bare, I have the book showing. I have the book showing when the slipcase is bare because it is just so much easier to which book it is.
                              Yes, that's how I do it as well.

sk

Comment

Working...
                              X