• Show
Clear All

• Lincoln
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    Some more close ups.

Centipde Press 'Masters of the Weird Tale' - the late, great Karl Edward Wagner:

Frank Belknap Long

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Awesome PS titles! I really like the Grant Collection!

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    Hello again, hope you are all having a nice Christmas/New Year.
    Here are some books I received recently:

New Campbell novel and a short story collection by Conrad Williams. Both from PS.

Both have the artwork printed on the boards, as well as the d/j

From PS and CD

Another from PS.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Wonderful collection. I love the presentation and the obvious care given to each of your books. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Love your collection.Some really super books you have there.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I use Broadart, primarily because they are easy to get since Powell's carry's them. I would probably go with Gaylord if they were readily available.

Love what you are showing as well!
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Love all these you're showing!

I tried boadart and ended up going with Gaylord with the adhesive strips.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Love all these you're showing!

I tried boadart and ended up going with Gaylord with the adhesive strips.

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    It's not such a bad job, Pete. Surprising how many you can get done in an hour or so. I'm sure I've seen a jig somewhere that holds the d/jacket and helps to fold and align it with the cover. Might have been a 'Gaylord' product.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Love all the Herberts, especially that edition of The Fog!

I've been meaning to start getting all of mine covered for a while now. Guess i should look into picking up some Broadart covers...

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    Ash Tree Press

Top shelf - Centipede Press, next shelf - Tartarus Press, Ghost Story Press, Midnight House

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    TJ, I've been collecting for about 18 years - but have been very stop/start. Lots of things have come up that have put a hold on my collecting - moving interstate, getting married, buying/renovating a house, having a child, etc, etc. I always return to it though. I started off with wanting nice editions of my favourite books - King, Barker, Campbell - then I read 'The Stephen King Companion'. It had a heap of info about signed/ltd and 1st editions, and who published and sold them. I was hooked. But, living in Australia meant writing letters to booksellers, then waiting to hear back from them. Buying books I had to get an international money order, post it, then wait for the parcel to arrive. Much easier these days, but damn I miss the 'good old days'!
    And no, I'm nowhere near reading them all.
    Lincoln.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    How long did it take to gather up this collection, and have you read most/all of them?

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    Thunderstom Books - 'Black Voltage'

James Herbert

1st edition antho's

Centipede Press 'The Fog' and Ghost Story Press 'Master of Fallen Years' (o'Sullivan)

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Very cool indeed!

What kind of covers do you use on your dust jackets?
    Pete, most of my dustjackets are in 'Brodart' dj protectors, the pre-cut ones, 10" high. I also tried a different brand that comes as a roll and you cut to length. These ones look fine, but the clear film is a lot thicker than the Brodart. It's amazing how much the thicker film bulks up the book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X