No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestions Squire and Brad! A two volume series sounds quite nice. The TC chronicles sound good too, but I dont think I'd stop at just the first series!

Comment

If you haven't started Covenant yet, I owuld wait until Oct 2013 for the release of the final book and if you like it, you can go through all 10.

Comment

I think I'll check out Mordant's Need first and then do like you said and wait until 2013. Maybe they'll put together a set and release them all in a bundle.

Comment

It would prob take me til 2013 to get through the first 9 books and i'd be right on time. If i wanted to read anything non king related at the moment which I don't

Comment

Amazing artwork!

Comment

I'll chime in on the love of the Covenant books. I've got the First Chronicles and the Second Chronicles in single volume sets. Like some of you others, once the 10th book comes out, I'll try a massive reread.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Siep - Awesome photos of an awesome book (I'll echo other sentiments expressed herein, it's great to see you back and posting articles from your magnificent collection again )

Comment

Yes - Sub Press did a fantastic job on this book. Can't wait for #3. And am, of course, still hoping to eventually get my hands on the first of the series.

Re Donaldson, anyone who hasn't read him is missing out on a wonderful author. Mordants Need is more accessible than the Thomas Covenant books, I think. Plus, it's shorter.
                  For science fiction do read The Gap. It's awesome!

sk

Comment

Neither have I but he has a great future if this is any indication.Great.Just great.
                    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    K. Drummond
                    Never heard of before.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Neither have I but he has a great future if this is any indication.Great.Just great.
                      Agreed! Maybe we'll see more of him. CD's always looking for good art, right?

Comment

Speaking of great art - I was (am, I guess) always crazy about the Tolkien stuff Greg and Tim Hildebrandt came up with.
                        Just awesome.
                        I'm sure I saved those calendars somewhere. Might be worth something in mint condition...

Of course they did much more than Hobbits and elves -Star Wars!-, but the Tolkien stuff made a lasting impression.

sk

Comment

Unfortunately, I never saved any of those calendars, Siep, but I remember the art! Thanks for posting this!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Like their stuff as well!

I'm guessing those calendars should be worth something now.

Comment

Thanks for the post.I never had any Hobbit or LOTR calendars.Never was a big art person till a few yrs. ago.They look really cool.

Comment

They are pretty cool. It has been a while since I bought my last one, but the ones from the seventies and eigthies are awesome.
                                Except for the art of Darrel Sweet - he was always my least favorite illustrator.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X