Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the artist?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Don't forget Donaldson's Mordant's Need. Unlike anything I've read before - like most of his work.

sk

Comment

I love everything Donaldson has done. Covenant. Mordant's Need. The Gap Series. All outstanding. Oddly, though I have them, I have not yet read his mystery novels.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Who's the artist?
          K. Drummond
          Never heard of before.

sk

Comment

Me either. But I really like it!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I love everything Donaldson has done. Covenant. Mordant's Need. The Gap Series. All outstanding. Oddly, though I have them, I have not yet read his mystery novels.
              Yes, The Gap is an outstanding series. totally character driven, like all of Donaldson.
              Do try his mystery novels. They're not as good as his fantasy stuff, but worth reading.

sk

Comment

I have held off reading the final Covenant series until it's completed next year. Then I''ll do a 10 book Convenant run. Very much looking forward to that!!

Comment

That's exactly what I'm planning to do.

sk

Comment

I've read the first two series so many times I'm surprised I'm still on my first set of the paperbacks! I readthe first of the new series, but will probably wait til next year and read them all.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Have you read any of the last series, Squire?
                      There are those that hate it, and wish Donaldson had never continued his classic series, and those that absolutely love it.
                      (As could be expected, I guess.)

sk

Comment

I liked the first of the series, though it felt more like an introduction to the new series--Linden Avery being forced back to the Land, searching for TC (who of course is dead). After I read it, I thought, "Ok, now the final Trilogy is about to begin!"--it has a sense of deja vu to it, but I liked it. I'm waiting on the fourth book to finish the others.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Glad to see new posts in your collection! Looks like a fantastic book! Love the artwork, I've never heard of that guy as well.

While we're on the subject, I'm actually looking for a fantasy series I could read. Preferably one that is finished and consists of a maximun of five volumes, preferably three though. Any recommendations?

Comment

The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenat the Unbeliever!

Lord Foul's bane
                            The Illearth War (my favorite of all the TC books)
                            The Power that Preserves

There's a second series (and third), but you can read the first and stop--but you won't want to!

The first series is a really quick read. The second is more complex and requires a bit more of your time.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Donaldson's Mordant's Need is fantastic and only 2 good size volumes: Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through.

Comment

Glad to see you posting your collection again Siep. Was hoping you would since you've been lurking around more lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X