Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love one but just can't afford it at the moment

Comment

Awesome Siep, and, yep, I've jumped straight on the email to Dolso, love his work !!!!!

Comment

I've tried emailing Dolso about a case I wanted made, but he hasn't returned it yet. Now he's making cases for Salem's Lot. I probably ought to try again.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I've tried emailing Dolso about a case I wanted made, but he hasn't returned it yet. Now he's making cases for Salem's Lot. I probably ought to try again.
          FWIW I've dealt with Dick in the past and he has always gotten back with me pretty quickly.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Alright, guys and gals, what's your favorite fantasy series ever? The Lord of the Rings trilogy? (Not really a series, I guess....) It is mine.
            King's The Dark Tower? I love these books, but I've read better. Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -currently up to book #9-?? Awesome series, can't remember too many books I've enjoyed more.
            But....
            How many here have read, or started, Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen? Ten (?) huge volumes, filled with amazing characters,empires, gods and demons, magic, with twists galore. It's dense, intelligently written and highly complex (I thought).
            I finished the first three books, after which Erikson lost me. Darn. It just took too much time to finish just one of these volumes, let alone, ten.

Subterranean Press came with a gorgeous first volume, Gardens of the Moon. Long sold out - missed it.
            I was just in time to order the second volume, Deadhouse Gates. I think I ordered it, because it looked like it was going to be a jewel of a book - and it is. Plus, it would most likely make me try the series again. No, not maybe, for sure.

Still looking for Subterranean's first volume. Wasn't someone here going to put it on eBay?

sk

Comment

I think I went a bit overboard with these photos. Oh well, who cares. The book deserves it!

Comment

I was and am still thinking of doing it. Just haven't been able to push myself to let it go...sorta torn on it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              I was and am still thinking of doing it. Just haven't been able to push myself to let it go...sorta torn on it.
                              Push a bit harder..and just let it go!
                              It's easy!!

sk

Comment

Gorgeous book Siep! (Having never paid atention to the series before, I Had trouble makin out the title. I'd narrowed it down to Deadhouse Pates, Deadhouse Plates, or Deadhouse Gates (the last of which made the most sense, of course)!

And I agree with you on The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, The Unbeliever (First, Second & Last); The Sword of Shannara was my first "heroic" fantasy book, but the Covenant series took it to a new level for me. I like Tolkien's fantasy, but Donaldson's remains at the top, even after 35 yeaers. My favorite single fantasy book is The Worm Ouroboros by ER Eddison.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X