No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Woo!! I'm glad he moved back to China. His Hollywood adventure wasn't much of a success (except for Face/Off!).
    If Red Cliff (the 280 minutes Asian production, of course. Not the edited 148 minutes Western cut) is any indication, he's back on track.

Last edited by frik51; 10-23-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

I'm so gonna have to do a little homework on some of these titles Siep

Comment

You're right ontrack about Woo, Siep; the 280 minute version of Red Cliff is outstanding! Tell me about the silent "Call of Cthulhu"--again something I've been tempted to pick, but haven't had the oppotunity. Is it worth it?
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Tell me about the silent "Call of Cthulhu"--again something I've been tempted to pick, but haven't had the oppotunity. Is it worth it?
            I think so.
            It's one of the few Lovecraft adaptations that has the Lovecraft feel. It looks like an early 20th century movie, which only adds to the fun.
            Worth checking out - maybe the best Lovecraft adaptation yet.

sk

Comment

Thanks. I definitely need to get it.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Famous Monsters of Filmland - 3.0.
                Homestretch! (Now did I just hear a collective sigh of relief??).

After a horrendous court battle FM switched owners again. Ray Ferry started his own magazine (Freaky Monsters of Filmland)and Phil Kim took over the reigns.
                This was his first issue, a Forrest J. Ackerman tribute.

Comment

The first couple of issues all came with a number of variant covers. Some very collectible, others less. Some of the rarer issues sold for more than $100.00!
                  I usually like Corben, but this cover...yuck!

I like this Gogos cover much better. It was only sold in the FM online store.

Then there was the Predator convention cover, sold only at the FM Con in Indianapolis.

The fourth variant is my favorite. It's the incentive cover, by William Stout. Rare, and expensive.

Comment

Now that 4th variant is well worth the price of admission !!! The 1st variant --- well, hmmm, it's .... interesting .... do you think an orthodontist, optometrist and an exterminator may help him get the girl ?????

Comment

Issue #252 came in three states:

The Guy Davis Nightbreed cover was my least favorite:

Bill Selby's Hammer cover was much better:

William Stout again took care of the incentive cover: The Werewolf. Nice (and expensive), but better suited as a Creepy or Eerie cover:

Comment

Two The Walking Dead variants! Now why two?? Even one would be too many.

Kerry Gammil's Island of Lost Souls is so much better:

Comment

Best one: William Stout's Mummy incentive:
                          (His second last one. There were too many complaints about these expensive variants...)

Comment

Issue #254.

Ghostbusters! Could do without this one.

The Stout incentive. His final one - and my least favorite of the four he did for FM.

Love the Jason Edmiston Vincent Price tribute!

Comment

Bob Eggleton did the Lovecraft cover for #255. There was also a Harry Potter variant. I don't really care too much for either one.

Comment

Great covers! I like the fourth variant by Stout and the Predator one is pretty cool as well. I like The Walking Dead ones, but thats because I like the comic and the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X