No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting....don't worry, I'm not going to post my complete DVD/BD collection. Just some of the items I think you might like. I do!

sk

Comment

Godzilla has been a constant in my life since I was 12, 13 years old. Godzilla vs The Thing was showing in our local flee pit, and I was hooked for life. I had no idea I was watching a man-in-suit and was terribly impresed by what I saw. I still am, in spite of the obvious suit!
      TOHO rules!!

Last edited by frik51; 05-19-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Last edited by frik51; 10-18-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

Ever watched a Dario Argento movie? No?? Then you've missed something special. Argento isn't really a great director, I think, but somehown, when he's in top-form (Suspiria!), he pulls off something really amazing. He hasn't made a great movie for years, but some of his early work is one of my guilty pleasures..
            Disturbing stuff indeed!

Comment

I've got too many horror/fantasy movies to post here. These are some of the better ones:

Comment

Comment

Vincent Price! Always a pleasure to watch. He often had tongue firmly in cheek, but that face, and unmistakable voice - just great.

Comment

Universal (US) and Hammer (UK) are my favorite studios. Universal had Karloff and Lugosi, Hammer gave us Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Amicus joined the fun. Not as effective as Hammer, but still a joy to watch.

Plus, from Italy, Mario Bava!

Entering the past few decades - which I won't show here.

Last edited by frik51; 10-18-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Finally, the crown juwels:

Comment

Don't know which I prefer more, the Disney cartoons or the Looney Tunes...

Comment

Comment

Wait - these might be my absolute favorites, the early b/w Popeye!

Comment

I was planning on buying the complete series. So far, I didn't get past this first season.
                                (I do like it, though.)

Comment

Working...
                                X