• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next King update: one week from now.

And thanks for the compliment, Squire!

sk

Comment

A whole week?????????

You'll never make it that long. You'll be posting in about 4 days tops, Siep....
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Great collection, Siep. I always loved the US cover of Cujo! And that Christine limited is just awesome! Between you and Mr. Woot, I can't decide who I'm more envious of!
        I'd say Siep's ahead of the game at the moment - some really excellent variations of covers between countries - AWESOME !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
          I'd say Siep's ahead of the game at the moment - some really excellent variations of covers between countries - AWESOME !!!!
          Well..I do like my foreign editions, but your collection of remarqued/signed books is to die for......

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Well..I do like my foreign editions, but your collection of remarqued/signed books is to die for......

sk
            Well, true, I do have the odd signed / remarqued book littering the collection - Then again, it's horses for courses, that's what I enoy so much about collecting, and sharing collections on this forum, you get different perspectives on the similar themes. Mind you, I'd have to move house should I ever choose to collect SK's in every written language

Comment

Mind you, I'd have to move house should I ever choose to collect SK's in every written language
              I have!

sk

Comment

I have!

sk
                Don't go putting evil moving thoughts into my head .... must .... show ..... restraint ....

Comment

.... must .... show ..... restraint ....
                  Oh, come on, you don't even know the meaning of the word....

sk

Comment

Oh, come on, you don't even know the meaning of the word....

sk
                    Flicked through the Australian dictionary just now, Siep - and, guess what ??? You're absolutely correct, I don't - but, hey, it gives me something to aspire to

Comment

As always, great stuff! I love that limited of Skeleton Crew, beautiful book!

Comment

Fanzines...am I really the only one here who enjoys them? They've been around for decades and represent the best of the best (of classic horrorfilm journalism), written by the fans, for the fans, published by the fans. Most pro-zines don't even come close. Except for maybe the early Cinefantastique. I've posted my Monsters From the Vault collection and Little Shoppe of Horrors. Together with Midnight Marquee -around for close to half a century, and still going strong, these three represent the absolute pinnacle of fanzinedom. Issue #78 is about to be published.

sk
                        Last edited by frik51; 10-14-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Midnight Marquee started out in 1963 as Gore Creatures. The early issues are literally impossible to find. I only collected four of these:

Comment

Starting with issue #26, Gore Creatures became Midnight Marquee.

Comment

Comment

Those painted/drawn covers are incredible, I think. Such a shame that, for commercial reasons, MM went to using stills.
                                This Bela Lugosi Dracula was one of the best.
                                (sorry about the flash)

Comment

Working...
                                X