No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to find the time, Tom; Simmons is one of the best. His Carrion Comfort turned me into a constant Simmons' reader. Try it, and you'll be hooked for life!

Re my King limiteds, I'm sure I have a few more lying around somewhere....

sk

Comment

I couldn't find the Secretary of Dreams II thread, so I'll post here:

Just got my confirmation: the lettered edition is on its way!!
      The only problem is: I won't be home for another three weeks....Now hopefully, our Dutch custom officials are even more slow than they usually are and will hold on it till I'm back.
      Ouch - sometimes I get a form in the mail in which I have to state the value of the book. (which is kinda stupid, as CD always clearly states its value...). When I'm not home I can't return this form....and the book might be returned to the US.

Man, I won't sleep tonight....

sk

Comment

Did-a-chick?...Dum-a-chum?...Ded-a-check?...

Don't fall asleep, the lobstrocities are a comin...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I guess the only way to get either of those books now is through Ebay?
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Siep, how do you store all your books? Bookshelves, boxes...? Your editions all look brand new, as if they have never even seen a speck of dust!

Post pics if you can (when you get back home that is).

Comment

Boxes???
              NEVER!!!
              Books are to be read and to be displayed.
              Now I don't have much room to display them, but I do have about ten bookcases with almost enough room to put them in.
              I'll post some pictures some other time.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                Boxes???
                NEVER!!!
                Books are to be read and to be displayed.
                Now I don't have much room to display them, but I do have about ten bookcases with almost enough room to put them in.
                I'll post some pictures some other time.

sk

So true! It's just that you have so many books to display I figured you would be short of space.

Can't wait to see how they look all together on display.

I'm short on room as well, don't have room for another bookcase. Hopefully I'll be able to move soon and that problem will be resolved.

Comment

I don't have nearly enough room. I have 3 bookcases, 2 of which are devoted to King, Gaiman, and Bradbury and some other limited/special editions and there are books in front of books on those. All the rest, God probably 20 boxes, are relegated to storage in the basement right now. I swear that my next house will have a library, so everything can be seen.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I don't think ANY collector EVER has enough room.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                      I don't think ANY collector EVER has enough room.

John
                      True, John, true.
                      I moved once just to move into an appartment with more space for my collections (at the time I also collected special edition chess sets), but I'll never do that again. These days, some of the books just have to go....plus the chess sets....

sk

Comment

I LOVE comics. I don't really have a huge collection, but what I've got, I treasure.
                        Way back in the sixties/seventies I discovered my comics passion: Warren's Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella. Living in the Netherlands at the time, these magazines didn't come cheap. I usually spent all of my allowance on these things - on top of that, my fix of Famous Monsters of Filmland.
                        I had almost complete collections of these titles. Till I threw them all out - the comics, that is, not FM. But that's another story.

Recently Dark Horse started the Creepy and Eerie Archives, and Dynamite is doing the Vampirella Archives - awesome. Not only can I finally find out what I missed, years ago, but I can rectify my mistake and buy these amazing issues all over again - this time collected in gorgeous HC editions.

sk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X