X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I was really sorry when no sequel came out to Bashki's LOTR. His techniques of tracing live action was way ahead of it's time and certain scenes were simply amazing (other's were pretty ho-hum, but I generally liked it.)
    My expectations for this adaptation were sky-high, especially because this technique -wasn't that rotoscoping?- got so much attention.
    I also thought the movie looked amazing. Plus, the soundtrack by Leonard Rosenman hit the right note(s) - I loved the album and and played it over and over again.
    Have to track down the CD.

sk

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Love the calendar! The art for September is great.
    I particularly like November's art. (the flash spoils it!)

sk

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Rankin-Bass did make the Return of the King, but it was in the style of The Hobbit--which wasn't bad, except for those bland Jimmy Webb songs! Thanks for posting the calendar, Siep!
    Are you kidding???

Where there's a whip....there's a way!!! That's my motto!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I was really sorry when no sequel came out to Bashki's LOTR. His techniques of tracing live action was way ahead of it's time and certain scenes were simply amazing (other's were pretty ho-hum, but I generally liked it.) Rankin-Bass did make the Return of the King, but it was in the style of The Hobbit--which wasn't bad, except for those bland Jimmy Webb songs! Thanks for posting the calendar, Siep!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Love the calendar! The art for September is great.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    It's a shame that Bakshi made that movie with no guarantee of the sequel. I don't remember it very well, but I did like the Rankin & Bass TV movie version of The Hobbit back when I was a wee lad. That was my introduction to Tolkien and made me go out and read the book.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied