No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely. Probably not going to be having much more coming in for a while, just Ron's Twelve Gauge and the next Maelstrom set after it's ready
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

This arrived on Saturday, thanks to Kim at Camelot

DSC01605.jpgDSC01607.jpg

Only have one that is not currently on my shelf, which is Twelve Gauge, which Ron will be sending back to me shortly

I am amazed at how quickly Twelve Gauge sold out considering Pitfall, the previous Essentials book, is still available at the publisher
      Last edited by RJK1981; 10-13-2014, 10:59 AM.
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        I am amazed at how quickly Twelve Gauge sold out considering Pitfall, the previous Essentials book, is still available at the publisher
        That is odd. However, you'd be surprised at how often people forget to check the publisher's website, just assuming a given title is sold out and going right to eBay and overpaying.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          That is odd. However, you'd be surprised at how often people forget to check the publisher's website, just assuming a given title is sold out and going right to eBay and overpaying.
          Yeah, I've seen plenty of Centipede Press titles listed in eBay for over the retail price even though the book isn't sold out! The publisher's site is where I look first as I'd rather give my money to the publisher unless the price is low enough. I especially prefer the publisher over people saying they need the money when they obviously have the money since I know how much things costed and they say it for everything
          Spoiler!

Comment

This arrived today!

DSC01608.jpgDSC01609.jpgDSC01610.jpg

Surprised by the low print run, though the run was determined by pre-orders. I was expecting something along the lines 100-150. This is one of the lowest runs I have for a numbered book. It's not the lowest though
            Spoiler!

Comment

that's cool, There's a new limited edition of an old Edward Lee book being done by Necro Publications that only has a 52 numbered run right now http://necropublications.myshopify.c...-by-edward-lee and now that I look, it's sold out but Camelot still has copies http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/sacrifice2

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Surprised by the low print run, though the run was determined by pre-orders. I was expecting something along the lines 100-150. This is one of the lowest runs I have for a numbered book. It's not the lowest though
                The numbered edition of Jeffrey Thomas's Lost in Darkness (also by Bad Moon) is an edition of 42 for the same reason.

Comment

The numbered edition of Jeffrey Thomas's Lost in Darkness (also by Bad Moon) is an edition of 42 for the same reason.
                  Wow, didn't know that!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Nice adds. Bad moon Books tends to do very small hard cover releases most always under 100 copies. Don't know why but that seems to be the norm on most but not all of their book releases.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Nice adds. Bad moon Books tends to do very small hard cover releases most always under 100 copies. Don't know why but that seems to be the norm on most but not all of their book releases.
                      They only print enough copies to cover preorders. They'd probably get more interest if they advertised a bit, even just some social media stuff, but the only time I know to order something from them is when an author plugs their own books.

Comment

They only print enough copies to cover preorders. They'd probably get more interest if they advertised a bit, even just some social media stuff, but the only time I know to order something from them is when an author plugs their own books.
                        That's how I first found out about the book. I did see it mentioned on the Bad Moon Facebook page, but Saw it first from Keith. Didn't know they mainly did smaller print runs since I don't typically buy their books. Only have one other that I can think of right now, which is John Little's book Scavenger Hunt

At least Bad Moon has a Facebook page. I wish Thunderstorm had one, but have not seen one from them.
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Thunderstorm has a newsletter they send out when new stuff is up for order. However, I think you need to be a book club member to get early notice, because every email I've gotten has announced that something is shipping and a few are left to purchase.

Comment

I'm on their newsletter list, but yeah, don't get early notifications for most things of theirs. I'd be interested in membership with them, but I don't have that kinda money available for buying books.
                            Spoiler!

Comment

This double paperback arrived yesterday:

DSC01611.jpgDSC01612.jpg

Been interested in it since I saw it, and the price made it free with my $10 credit from getting in on their indiegogo campaign on day 1
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Gord Rollo is a great writer. I don't have this book yet. I to have contributed to the madhouse campaign....4 Times....Used my 33% credit for Midnight Meat Train. Used $10 credit for Wolf Hunt 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X