No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! Thanks for loading up the pics of The Twelve!

Comment

No problem. Might get a chance to take pictures of some of the artwork tomorrow
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Here are a few of the pictures in the book. I'd have loved it if there were color ones, but not complaining, the B&W ones ares great and there are quite a few of them

DSC01456.jpgDSC01455.jpgDSC01457.jpgDSC01458.jpg
        Spoiler!

Comment

I like the artwork in The Twelve. That signature page is pretty cool, too. Congrats on the add!

Comment

Very nice! Thanks again.

Comment

Very cool collection! Saw a few Rick Hautala's in there, and I can't recommend his best of short story collection, Glimpses, highly enough. I'm even trying to get my mom to read the story 'A Good Day for Dragons' found within.

I am now also convinced that I am the only person on the planet who doesn't have the limited CD edition of It, though how that's possible I'm not sure. I did manage to get a copy of the gift, and tried for the limited once on ebay but got priced out at the end. I am jealous of everyone in the world.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

^Nah man, I'm with you. Just have the gift edition, but it's bad ass anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  Very cool collection! Saw a few Rick Hautala's in there, and I can't recommend his best of short story collection, Glimpses, highly enough. I'm even trying to get my mom to read the story 'A Good Day for Dragons' found within.

I am now also convinced that I am the only person on the planet who doesn't have the limited CD edition of It, though how that's possible I'm not sure. I did manage to get a copy of the gift, and tried for the limited once on ebay but got priced out at the end. I am jealous of everyone in the world.
                  Ha, the limited of IT is a great thing. Likely going to be the only Limited Stephen King book I'll ever have though. The gift editions are great too.

I have a copy of Glimpses on my Kindle that I have yet to read. I'll probably get to it at some point, but don't do all that well with reading books of short stories
                  Spoiler!

Comment

You guys are absolutely right, the gift editions of IT are super-cool, and I'm extremely happy with mine. To quote Frasier Crane, "If less is more, just think of how much more more would be." I just caught on to the whole thing a little too late and missed my shot at the limited. My favorite King book, and the CD limited looks just like money.

Glimpses is horror, but it reaches your heart. I saw you purchased John R. Little's The Grey Zone, and it performs in a similar way. Brilliant, scary and touching.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Awesome! Now if Cronin would only start writing the final book.....
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ha, he has written it. A chapter from it is in the PB of The Twelve as a bonus. From what I understand it has been delayed in the US til after this year, though I am not completely sure, but I do know it isn't even listed on Amazon.com. It is listed on Amazon.co.uk as coming out there this coming October, which I though I also saw on the US site in the past.
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Got this in the mail a couple days ago. Got it for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. Read the first couple chapters of it today and am liking it so far, so that's good. It's Science Fiction, so not what I have mainly been reading lately, but I am a fan of the genre. And heck, just finished Prophet of the Ghost Ants, which is also not the type of book I have been reading lately. Definitely enjoyed reading that one

Front and back covers

DSC01459.jpgDSC01460.jpg

Personalized signature and a business card that I am using as my bookmark for this

DSC01461.jpg
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Went to Half Price Books and found a copy of this in nearly new condition

DSC01464.jpgDSC01465.jpgDSC01466.jpg
                            Spoiler!

Comment

This came in the mail today. Likely will bring it on vacation to possibly read up there

DSC01472.jpg

Don't know if I have ever seen a number line that went up 15 before

DSC01473.jpg
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                                This came in the mail today. Likely will bring it on vacation to possibly read up there
                                Don't know if I have ever seen a number line that went up 15 before
                                That book looks interesting. I was a kid when Adam was abducted and still remember it well. I've been thinking recently I'd like to rewatch the TV movie with Daniel J Travanti and JoBeth Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X