No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got these from my parents a few years back. Haven't read them, but I likely will at some point as I have enjoyed this comic in the past when I read it in the newspaper

DSC00431.jpg
    DSC00432.jpg
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Haven't read these yet, but Calvin and Hobbes was one my favorite comic strips when I was younger. My wife (fiancee at the time) was getting rid of some books so I had to grab these. Definitely plan to look at these ones, possibly with my future children (whenever that may happen, not in a rush)

DSC00433.jpgDSC00434.jpgDSC00435.jpgDSC00436.jpg
      Spoiler!

Comment

Wow! I'm not familiar with Calvin and Hobbes at all - nice!!

sk

Comment

Calvin is great, if you like comic strips (which you obviously do, lol) you should check it out. Here is a site that hosts some, dunno how many as I haven't really checked the site out much

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2011/10/19
          Spoiler!

Comment

Calvin and Hobbes are great Siep! Worth checking out if you've never had the pleasure.

Comment

Definitely one of the very best comics strips of all time.

John

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                Wow! I'm not familiar with Calvin and Hobbes at all - nice!!
                What?!?!?! Trust me, Siep. You would absolutely love it (We have enough in common in our taste for me to say that). "The Complete Calvin & Hobbes" is still available. It's bit pricey, but a big beautiful edition. If you don't want to leap in with both feet, try "The Indispensible Calvin & Hobbes".
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Love the Calvin & Hobbes - one of the all time greats, comic strip wise

Comment

A must have for Calvin and Hobbs Fans: http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Calvi...9134074&sr=1-1

They also a a "Complete" edition of The Far Side...

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      They also a a "Complete" edition of The Far Side...
                      I have that one too. A great edition, but really heavy. It sits right next to the Calvin and the Bloom County editions that are coming out. And not far from the huge stack of the Complete Peanuts books.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        What?!?!?! Trust me, Siep. You would absolutely love it (We have enough in common in our taste for me to say that). "The Complete Calvin & Hobbes" is still available. It's bit pricey, but a big beautiful edition. If you don't want to leap in with both feet, try "The Indispensible Calvin & Hobbes".
                        Message received loud and clear!
                        I'll definitely buy this set one day....(payday coming up next week....)

sk

Comment

Just picked this up from the post office today

DSC00441.jpgDSC00442.jpg

One thing I'm curious about it that I noticed with this one that I haven't seen before are these lines on the top and bottom of the pages. Is this supposed to be there?

DSC00437.jpgDSC00438.jpg
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Wow! Didn't pick one up (though it's available again) but it looks great!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                              Just picked this up from the post office today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1361[/ATTACH]

One thing I'm curious about it that I noticed with this one that I haven't seen before are these lines on the top and bottom of the pages. Is this supposed to be there?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1362[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1363[/ATTACH]
                              If you open up the book and look at the page design, you will see a black border like thing, that alternates between pages. What you're seeing on the top and bottom of the book, is that line where it meets the edge of the page.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                If you open up the book and look at the page design, you will see a black border like thing, that alternates between pages. What you're seeing on the top and bottom of the book, is that line where it meets the edge of the page.
                                Thanks for the explanation! Didn't think there was actually anything wrong with my copy, just didn't know what that was all about
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X