Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJK1981
    replied
    This arrived on New Year's Eve. Was looking at the eBooks here and checking out the unknown ones on Amazon and this sounded good and the HC was cheap so I went ahead and purchased it.

DSC01221.jpgDSC01222.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    lol, yeah, a lot to read though when you win a few. Not that that's a bad thing though.

Was surprised by the length of Lilith. Didn't look at the page count when I entered it, but was definitely not expecting a book that is over 300 pages from DarkFuse.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Wow, i gotta get in on this Goodreads thing!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    This came in the mail yesterday, though I forgot to take a picture and post it. My most recent Goodreads giveaway win, and the fastest that one has gotten to me.

DSC01220.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Nice grab bag! At first, I couldnt tell what was wrong with the endpapers on Baal.
    lol, yeah. I'm sure if you weren't a collector and I didn't mention anything you may not have noticed anything at a glance. When I saw this in the bag and then saw a small ding on the slipcase I was surprised it was included, especially when I saw the price on the dustjacket of $125, but then saw the endpapers and figured it out. Not something that I am worried about though, won't have any effect on reading it.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    What???? Don't you mean another author to spend all our money on..I do not know if my shelves can take anymore.
    Think that means you need more shelves, lol

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Nice grab bag! At first, I couldnt tell what was wrong with the endpapers on Baal.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    What???? Don't you mean another author to spend all our money on..I do not know if my shelves can take anymore.
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Cool! Another author to google. That's what i love about these collection threads. Can't wait to see your Grab Bag, also.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Thanks, definitely agree it was an excellent grab bag. Glad I was planning to use stuff from it as a Christmas gift, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the grab bag. My wife would have said no, lol, plus I already have so many CD books that most grab bags won't really give me much anymore.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Again, a terrific grab bag. Congratz.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    And now for the other new book from the grab bag.

DSC01213.jpg
    DSC01208.jpg
    DSC01210.jpg
    DSC01211.jpg

There is a small ding on the slipcase and you can see what is wrong with the endpapers (Same thing with the back endpapers as the front), but nothing too serious. Not bad for a $125 book

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Next up are the duplicate items that were in the grab bag. There was a signature page on Blood in Your Ears, but none with Island Funeral. Also already had Pork Pie Hat (Actually already had a spare one even, lol), as well The Doll. I fully expected to get a few duplicates, which is fine. Going to be using them as a gift to my sister's husband-to-be. Going to likely include a copy of Depraved, a true crime book since I accidentally bought a second copy from Half Price Books a little while back, lol. Might find something else to include as well, we'll see though.

DSC01212.jpgDSC01214.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Also got the last grab bag of the year that I luckily got since Dan had some extras. I didn't have any extras like a boomerang That's okay though really as I am very happy with the selections inside the bag.

First is Wright's Bone Soup, one of the 2 new books in this grab bag

DSC01206.jpgDSC01207.jpg
    Last edited by RJK1981; 12-21-2012, 05:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Ok, got my 3 packages from the post office today. First thing is my 2nd ARC won through Goodreads.

DSC01219.jpg

Never read anything from this author before, so we'll see how much I like it.

Second is my copy of Brian's More Than Midnight. Definitely looking forward to reading this collection.

DSC01204.jpgDSC01205.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Never heard of the author before, but the book sounded interesting and worth checking out, so I signed up to try and win it and ended up winnng one of the 20 copies from over 950 entries.

Another recent win was Lilith by Toby Tate from Darkfuse. That was within the last couple days, so will likely still be at least a couple weeks before it arrives.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X