Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Both of these next two are Lucy Westerna

    DSC00534.jpg

    DSC00541.jpg
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

    Comment


      Perhaps the most confusing to me is this one of R.M. Renfield, though it may make sense after reading the book

      DSC00537.jpg

      This isn't a character piece, but is at the end of chapters. Not sure if it ties into the story or is something random and pointless. It is better than some of the other stuff though, lol

      DSC00539.jpg
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

      Comment


        AWESOME, Man, AWESOME !!!!! Harkers suit is just the bees knees (or made of them anyways) ....

        Comment


          Interesting art for a "definitive" edition; I've never purchased any of B&N's leatherbound books (though you would be hard pressed to find a leatherbound Complete Fiction of H.P.Lovecraft anywhere else.

          Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
          AWESOME, Man, AWESOME !!!!! Harkers suit is just the bees knees (or made of them anyways) ....
          The only other time I've ever heard "the bee's knees" was in one of those Geico commercials. It's an actual saying then...down under...
          "I'm a vegan. "

          ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

          Comment


            Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Interesting art for a "definitive" edition; I've never purchased any of B&N's leatherbound books (though you would be hard pressed to find a leatherbound Complete Fiction of H.P.Lovecraft anywhere else.



            The only other time I've ever heard "the bee's knees" was in one of those Geico commercials. It's an actual saying then...down under...
            Not so much much Mr Boone, we're more into the Ant's Pants down here

            Comment


              Cool game!

              MB-4786.jpg
              "I'm a vegan. "

              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

              Comment


                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Cool game!

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2621[/ATTACH]
                Not quite, more like these Antz Pantz (and, yep, this was a real commercial)

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU59Vq-nxjg

                Comment


                  Australia is suddenly a very scary place...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

                  ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                  Comment


                    LOL Grant, great response. And interesting is putting it nicely about the book's art, that is for sure. I definitely would have looked inside the book to look at it in more detail if I already had a copy of the book or was paying a lot of money for it. I got it for under $10 though and do plan on reading it at some point.

                    That all being said, I do really like those endpapers, and if the same artist did those and the character art I wanna know what the hell he was thinking and what went wrong. I like that the endpapers are different for the front and back
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      LOL Grant, great response. And interesting is putting it nicely about the book's art, that is for sure. I definitely would have looked inside the book to look at it in more detail if I already had a copy of the book or was paying a lot of money for it. I got it for under $10 though and do plan on reading it at some point.

                      That all being said, I do really like those endpapers, and if the same artist did those and the character art I wanna know what the hell he was thinking and what went wrong. I like that the endpapers are different for the front and back
                      For $10, the endpapers plus the added bonus of a signficant talking point re the interior illustrations was well worth the investment

                      Comment


                        But... That's Edward Gorey artwork isn't it? It sure looks like his style. I've always liked him.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

                        Comment


                          I think it is. I'm also pretty sure he has a fully illustrated comic in Dark Forces.
                          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                          Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

                          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                          Comment


                            Yeah, that's Edward Gorey, and that's his style. He's probably most famous for his intro to the PBS series Mystery!, which can be seen on YouTube.

                            Hunter

                            Comment


                              Yes, that would be the right artist. If that's his style I really don't care for it, at least not as something being included in a horror novel. If there is art in my horror books (which I think they should all have now that I've gotten used to seeing it in quite a few books thanks to CD) I want it to reflect the story and not be more cartoonish like those pieces.
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                                My Gift Edition of IT that I got earlier this week

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2476[/ATTACH]

                                Really like that the cover to this book matches the slipcase

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2478[/ATTACH]

                                Picked these up today at Half Price Books for under $10 total, both 1st/1sts (not that it matters when it comes to a trade pb, just find it funny, lol)

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2477[/ATTACH]
                                Nice additions! I would love to get my hands on IT, still have some $$ on my gift certificate, but too short on cash to cover the shipping expenses atm.

                                Half price books.... oh what I would give for 10 min in one of their stores... (preferably one of the larger ones )

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X