X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Very nice set, Dan. I have a few books with clear jacket like that (from my grandmother's collection)--they tend to get scratched easily and then show on book covers that are darker. At least the older ones (1980s) did.
    It isn't really scratched. It's like the plastic it's made out of contracted and made it kinda "wrinkle". Kind of hard to describe. It's very cool though, and it's only partially clear, to give the allusion of fog over the artwork. Fits very well with the book.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Very nice set, Dan. I have a few books with clear jacket like that (from my grandmother's collection)--they tend to get scratched easily and then show on book covers that are darker. At least the older ones (1980s) did.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Well while I'm waiting for the last book to come, I thought I'd post the complete trilogy set. This is from Terry Brook's "Voyage of the Jerel Shannara" trilogy / arc. The first book in the series is kinda cool, but given the condition it looks like the DJ ended up in, I'm not surprised that they didn't use that design on the rest of them.

2012-01-31 17.43.03.jpg2012-01-31 17.42.23.jpg

The third book in the series has a protective cover over the DJ. I'm not a big fan of those covers, so I may attempt to remove it, if I think it can be done without harming the DJ.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Nope. Honestly the problem with the DJ wasn't that big of a deal which is why I didn't ask to return the book, and just left a 3 star rating. This other one that I posted pictures of I explained the problem and sent the pictures and they said no problem to returning it, and that the sticker was their fault, and the corners must have been damaged in shipping.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Threat of a low rating does wonders for those #!@@$%#$@s! Good going, Dan! But I hope you didn't become one of those headaches that Brian has been letting know about!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Grrr !!!!! That makes me mad as hell (but, I'm pleased that you've come to a resolution of sorts with the seller Dan ).

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Ugg.... The last 2 books I ordered finally arrived. The one was in perfect shape and I couldn't be happier. The other one did not arrive in the "like new" condition they described it as. They also failed to mention the sticker on the DJ. Kinda pissed off and I'm returning, hopefully. On a different note, one of my other books arrived with a "less than perfect" DJ, which wasn't described in the listing, but I was willing to keep it. So I left a 3 star feedback on the purchase and they decided to refund me and let me keep the book.

2012-01-31 11.39.00.jpg2012-01-31 11.39.09.jpg2012-01-31 11.39.39.jpg2012-01-31 11.40.06.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    It is, Hedda, it is (and you don't have to visit the gym after pulling it from the shelf to have a look through - the sucker weighs a freaking ton )
    I'll have to second that!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    I wish I would have ordered that Artists inspire by...book. I bet the artwork is breathtaking.
    It is, Hedda, it is (and you don't have to visit the gym after pulling it from the shelf to have a look through - the sucker weighs a freaking ton )

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    I wish I would have ordered that Artists inspire by...book. I bet the artwork is breathtaking.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Yea, I thought so. But then again they are fairly recent releases (last 10 years) so well after he established himself and there wouldn't have been a shortage of 1st's.
    Even so, 1st's are a good thing (and, in 40 years, they'll be 50 years old - although what that comment has to do with the price of oatmeal in Mongolia is lost on me ).

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Damn good price for 1st's Dan, look forward to seeing your posting them when they arrive
    Yea, I thought so. But then again they are fairly recent releases (last 10 years) so well after he established himself and there wouldn't have been a shortage of 1st's.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Well I forgot I had a $50 amazon gift card, which I just used to purchase 6 more 1st/1st of Terry Brook's stuff. Only 6 more "affordable" ones to go than I'm into the bank breaking price range. I'll post some pictures whenever they get here.
    Damn good price for 1st's Dan, look forward to seeing your posting them when they arrive

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Well I forgot I had a $50 amazon gift card, which I just used to purchase 6 more 1st/1st of Terry Brook's stuff. Only 6 more "affordable" ones to go than I'm into the bank breaking price range. I'll post some pictures whenever they get here.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    I've had Dogfish Head's brews. Nice mug!

My favorite item in your collection, by far, is your grandfather's purple heart from WWII. Very personal, very cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X