No announcement yet.

Blu Gilliand's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Borderlands 5 is going down hill I will gladly stumbel off the mountain.Very nice book and piece of art.

Comment

SK signatures always welcome !!!!

Comment

Even though it's becoming sloppier and sloppier by the book....
        No wonder, with all the books King is signing every year.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Even though it's becoming sloppier and sloppier by the book....
          No wonder, with all the books King is signing every year.

sk
          Hmm, I haven't noticed that but will have to compare some! I'm guessing though that you are right. I mean with soooo many books to sign...

Comment

I've only got King's signatures in S/L editions.
            If I would have found some of his later ones flatsigned, I wouldn't have believed they were authentic.

sk

Comment

Or some of his earlier ones, too, I might add

Comment

Well, time got away from me, but I'm going to try and add a few more pictures to this thread this week. This batch contains some overall views of my home office.

This one is in B/W because the color on it was too washed out. It's my humble little desk with its humble little laptop.

CD Forum Photos 013.jpg

The stack of books at the back of the desk is stuff waiting to be reviewed (with my Kindle on top). In front of that stack is a couple of books by Ace Atkins (Lullabye and The Lost Ones that I recently got signed, with a copy of Tom Piccirilli's new one The Last Kind Words and an old issue of Fangoria on top. The big framed picture on the wall is a Pearl Jam tour poster, and directly underneath it is a plaque commemorating my beloved Auburn University's 2010 BCS National Championship. The other two framed items are a Pearl Jam album cover and a Neil Young/Pearl Jam album cover.

The small bookcase to the left has some Stephen King audiobooks on it, some oversized SK signed books, some ARCs from Cemetery Dance, some Hard Case Crime books, and magazines with stuff I've written in them, plus some other miscellaneous stuff.
                Attached Files
                Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Somehow I attached my second photo to that one - consider it a preview! Here it is embedded (I hope):

These are the three main bookcases in the room. The first one on the left has a row of collected Peanuts comic strips across the top. The first proper shelf is filled with stuff from various small presses. Lots of Kealan Patrick Burke, Gary Braunbeck, a Ray Garton (Scissors), a couple of volumes of the Shivers anthology, some chapbooks and a few more ARCs. The second shelf has most of my Michael Chabon books (including a complete run of the Escapist comics) and some Joe Lansdales. Third shelf is a mix of paperbacks (Tim Lebbon, Jack Ketchum, Charles Grant among them) with a stack of Ernest Hemingways in the front. Fourth shelf is the Harry Potter books (covered up by several Robert McCammon books) and some Hellboy stuff - one of the hardcover "Library Editions" and the first "Plague of Frogs" hardcover collection among them. There's also a couple of the Hammer books from Titan on there. Bottom shelf has my Calvin & Hobbes books and some other miscellaneous stuff.

The second bookcase is mostly Clive Barker (first two shelves) and Neil Gaiman (third shelf). Cemetery Dance and some other magazines (some old issues of Creepy included are on the top. The fourth shelf has some Jeffery Deaver books (mostly covered up by The Sopranos and Indiana Jones movies), and the bottom has nonfiction stuff ranging from Jon Krakauer to Mick Foley.

The last bookcase is all Stephen King. I really could use another one that size - I couldn't fill it yet, but I'd be getting close if I moved all of the stuff from other places and collected it in one spot. Nothing spectacular there - just the hardcovers, a few special editions (mostly Dark Tower-related) near the top, and the bottom shelf has all the paperbacks I first bought when discovering King for the first time.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blu Gilliand; 06-26-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Finally, the infamous "To-Be-Read" wall:

Yeah. I may have a problem. Majority of these have not been read - some have been started, some have been read and need to be re-read. But the large majority are once I will get to....one day.

I've read The Hammer Vault but propped it up there because I like how it looks. I've read 20th Century Ghosts, but not that copy. Oh, and the very first row isn't books, but movies that I had no place else to store. The first shelf of paperbacks are all trade paperbacks (with the exception of most of the Hard Case Crimes tucked off to the left), and the bottom is all mass market paperbacks. Both of those shelves are double-stacked, so there's a whole row of stuff you can't see. *Sigh*
                    Last edited by Blu Gilliand; 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Deep breaths, Blu. just pick one up and start reading Slow but steady wins the race. We're all in the same boat.

Thanks for sharing your pain with us tho.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Some how I can not see your to be read shelf.The first picture of all your book cases is awesome.Can not wait for you to share more pics with us.

Comment

To get those to show up, Blu, you'll have to go into the manage attachments and re-attach the photos. I can see that the last two don't have anything attached to them, but I can only bring up my attachment files, not yours.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                          X