No announcement yet.

pete0cha's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this one for a good price of of B&N (I think it was Squire who gave the heads up that they were having a sale?).

IMG_4689.jpg

Comment

It has a nice map on the endpapers:

IMG_4691.jpg

Comment

And a preview of the graphic novel:

IMG_4692.jpg
        Last edited by peteOcha; 04-07-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

IMG_4693.jpg

Comment

IMG_4695.jpg

Comment

For regular hardcover editions I have to say they are pretty nice. Each story has an illustration to go with it:

IMG_4696.jpg
              IMG_4697.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                Got this one for a good price of of B&N (I think it was Squire who gave the heads up that they were having a sale?).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6458[/ATTACH]
                Yeah, that was me..but because everybody else ordered a few day after me, ya'll got a better price on the book! But I don't see B&N rushing out any of the others. Very disappointing!

Anyway, lovin' all these GRRMs, to bad about pbs not fitting back into the slipcase (learn to read into the crease of a paperback!). looking forward to more!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

And volume II:

IMG_4699.jpg

Comment

IMG_4700.jpg
                    IMG_4701.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Yeah, that was me..but because everybody else ordered a few day after me, ya'll got a better price on the book! But I don't see B&N rushing out any of the others. Very disappointing!

Anyway, lovin' all these GRRMs, to bad about pbs not fitting back into the slipcase (learn to read into the crease of a paperback!). looking forward to more!
                      Yeah, that's right. I think you paid $25 for yours? But I ordered later (I think Siep did too) and paid $14. But thanks again! I don't know if I would buy them for the $50-60 B&N wanted for them, but if they had a sale where the next installments were for $25 I'd get them.

Comment

I have not read the fire and ice series.I have read some of his short stories and liked what I read.Nice editions.Really like the 2 short story collections.One day I might have to get them.How good is the series.Just so you know it seems to happen with all boxed sets of PB books.I received the first 8 Sookie stackhouse books as a gift and can't get them to fit back in the box either.

Comment

Love the Martin books. He's an amazing author!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            I have not read the fire and ice series.I have read some of his short stories and liked what I read.Nice editions.Really like the 2 short story collections.One day I might have to get them.How good is the series.Just so you know it seems to happen with all boxed sets of PB books.I received the first 8 Sookie stackhouse books as a gift and can't get them to fit back in the box either.
                            The series is great! Got hooked from the very first pages of A Game of Thrones! Worth reading for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Love the Martin books. He's an amazing author!

sk
                              That he is Siep. I particularly love his short stories. Science fiction, horror, fantasy. A nice mix and all of them great reads!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                That he is Siep. I particularly love his short stories. Science fiction, horror, fantasy. A nice mix and all of them great reads!
                                I agree. The mix of genres in his short story collection makes for some fun reading.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X