pete0cha's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Love the FDNS. I got the gift edition wish I went the extra mile onthis and IT.Oh well nice stuff.
    Thanks. I still need to get the gift edition of IT, been holding out since cash is scarce at the moment.

Comment

does your interest have anything to do with self preservation or just a hobby.
      Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      One topic I like to read up on, The Mafia:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6402[/ATTACH]

Comment

I love that FDNS S/L ,i sold mine and now regret it

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          does your interest have anything to do with self preservation or just a hobby.
          If I told ya, I'd have to...

Just a hobby I picked up after watching The Godfather years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
            I love that FDNS S/L ,i sold mine and now regret it
            That's a shame Tom. Selling stuff is hard, that's why I plan on not having to part with another of my books again. If I have a double or something like that, then it's ok.

Comment

Next time theres a new king s/l I might buy 2 and sell one later. Why can't I collect and make my money back as well.

Comment

But that would set you back cashwise quite a bit. Taking you away from your goal of getting a house. Plus the ideal situation would be to hold on to that second copy for a bit so the value could increase.

Comment

Well if I sold the second one I'd likely break even. Thats the point. Soon as a King SL is sold out it almost doubles. Look at IT, I've seen it go for 1200 ONCE, that one was retarded. but In general $600-$800, which had I bought two woulda made me my money back. Depends on the book too though. gotta weigh your options because some like 11.22.63 are only going for about $200.

Comment

Yup, that's why its ideal to wait a bit for selling in my opinion. Sure, there's some buyers that missed out and pay double, but early on there's many more copies being sold than later down the road. Just think of it as an investment. Although I don't really think about books like that. sure, I see them as something that one day might help me or my children financially, if such a need arose, but that's not why i buy them. The reason for buying is plain and simple: I love books!

Comment

Oh I know, but the copy I keep will be the one I sell later when its worth alot. My collection will be my collection until I need to retire, then it will be sold.

Comment

Pete, your collection's off to a fantastic start mate !!! Looking forward to seeing more as you have time to post it (and, I'm in envy of your photography skills, the pix you've taken are great)

Comment

Thank you Grant!

Comment

A few posts for today. Some GRRM stuff. I'd like to replace all my paperbacks of Song of Ice and Fire with hardcovers at some point. I'm thinking I'll buy the graphic novel as well. I'd also like to pick up Fevre Dream.

So this paperback set came in a cardboard slipcase...

IMG_4685.jpg

Comment

and after having been read, the books don't fit in anymore...

IMG_4686.jpg

Comment

This one i got in hardcover when it came out (UK edition)

IMG_4688.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X