Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this from the Betts Books sale.

Comment

Nice one. Haven't read any Hill, but he's in the tbr pile.

Comment

Horns is the only one I've read and I enjoyed it. NOS4A2 is on the tbr list.

Comment

Great new stuff.

Comment

Nice add!

Comment

Picked up and received today.

When checking to see if this had shipped the other day on the Goldsboro website, the status was marked as canceled. Fortunately this was an error and it arrived today.

Comment

Excellent, Joe!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice looking book!

Comment

I like the NOS4A2 UK cover art a lot more than the US.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                      I like the NOS4A2 UK cover art a lot more than the US.
                      I too like that version a lot. Although I haven't had an opportunity to delve into him yet.

Comment

Picked up The Good Suicides today and got The Hooded Man the other day. It is volume 3 in the Afterblight Chronicles omnibi releases, of which Schools Out Forever is the second and posted earlier in my collection thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          I too like that version a lot. Although I haven't had an opportunity to delve into him yet.
                          Same here. I have found many examples where the UK art is better than the US art, IMO anyway.

Comment

Nice adds.

Comment

Got these in the mail today. The Orpheus Decent by Tom Harper and Pharaoh by David Gibbins.

Comment

I don't think I have posted these before. These are all of my Gibbins books. All signed except Atlantis, which I am happy about anyway since there were only 1,500 hardbacks printed of which 500 went to libraries.

I'll give a quick review in case my awesome photography piques anyones interest in the books.

He is an archaeologist by trade and you can tell that in the writing, meaning that you can tell he writes a lot of journal articles and the like. The history involved and the theories posited by the characters are well researched and plausible. However, he can get very wordy, which can bog down the story. The book that suffered the most because of this was The Tiger Warrior. It just died out at the end. Why do I keep reading them you ask? I love the history behind them, and having an anthropology/archaeology background myself, I find it very interesting and feel like I learn something from every book.

Also, he uses the word "murmur" in some form so much, that at times I want to throw the book at the wall (luckily I am reading on an iPad so I can keep myself from throwing a $400 piece of electronics at the wall).
                                Last edited by Joe315; 07-17-2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X