No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look great, love the sig too, kind of a calligraphy style.

Comment

He has great handwriting. I wish mine was 1/10th that good.

He self published this series. So I don't think it got much press around the web.

Comment

I have gotten some new stuff over the last couple of days. Sub Press edition of Embassytown, which I got a pretty good deal on. The standard limited (gift) edition of Joyland. My S/L is on the way hopefully. The 40th Anniversary UK edition of Clive Cussler's first book, Mayday. There will also be a US edition next month under the US name The Mediterranean Caper. And lastly The Eye of God by James Rollins, which is prepublication dated.

Comment

Great, Joe! Love all the editions. Can't wait for my own Joyland.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Goodness, I think I found my twin in book collecting. Did not know about Mayday (looks much nicer than the US edition), so glad to see your update, put in my order for the book!

Comment

Nice additions Joe. I have a signed Embassytown, 1st ed, that I am actually selling - read the paperback and couldn't get into it. Never read any Rollins, but that one caught me eye previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                Goodness, I think I found my twin in book collecting. Did not know about Mayday (looks much nicer than the US edition), so glad to see your update, put in my order for the book!
                It's a very good looking book. The cover art is actually wrap around and I have a feeling it will be nicer then the US version.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Nice additions Joe. I have a signed Embassytown, 1st ed, that I am actually selling - read the paperback and couldn't get into it. Never read any Rollins, but that one caught me eye previously.
                  Rollins is great. His books are mainly international thrillers involving a strange fact and lots of science and technology. His books were actually what got me really reading as I started my adult years. I always read I guess but not with the urgency I do now.

If you decide to pick one of his up start with Amazonia. Eye of God is part of his Sigma series which starts with Sandstorm, and there is a story arc that goes throughout whole series and jumping in at eye of god might be a bit confusing.

Comment

Nice additions, love Joyland! I've been meaning to check out Mieville at some point too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                      It's a very good looking book. The cover art is actually wrap around and I have a feeling it will be nicer then the US version.
                      Here's a better shot of the dust jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                        Rollins is great. His books are mainly international thrillers involving a strange fact and lots of science and technology. His books were actually what got me really reading as I started my adult years. I always read I guess but not with the urgency I do now.

If you decide to pick one of his up start with Amazonia. Eye of God is part of his Sigma series which starts with Sandstorm, and there is a story arc that goes throughout whole series and jumping in at eye of god might be a bit confusing.
                        Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind if/when I decide to try him out.

Comment

Yeah I think the US edition looks like a copy and paste of the current paperback. FYI Joe, DUST SL is up on Goldsboro's website this morning if you don't have it preordered already.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                            Yeah I think the US edition looks like a copy and paste of the current paperback. FYI Joe, DUST SL is up on Goldsboro's website this morning if you don't have it preordered already.
                            Already done. Thanks!

Comment

Nice adds Joe! Love Joyland and I really like the Mayday cover!

Comment

Just got my Joyland S/L.

Comment

Working...
                                X