No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know nothing about this but I love the look of it!
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. This is a limited edition from South Africa. By my estimation this book traveled about 13,300 miles to arrive at my door.

A lock and key printed on the boards.

Fancy color endpapers.

Comment

Pretty good shape for travelling have around the world! Nice catch!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks. I asked the seller to wrap it tight in plenty of bubble wrap and thankfully they did. I am very happy it survived the transcontinental trip.

Comment

That's a good looking book. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's a sucker for packaging

Comment

I'm almost neurotic about it. I hate ordering a book of any kind only to have it arrive in a thin envelope, especially overseas orders. Bubble wrap and a box don't cost much and I am perfectly comfortable paying the extra 2 bucks for it to be shipped safely.

Comment

Great looking book. Glad it arrived safe and sound.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

That's pretty sweet. How did you find that one?

Comment

Yeah Joe, have you got some sort of Spidey sense going on with cool books or what?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                    That's pretty sweet. How did you find that one?
                    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                    Yeah Joe, have you got some sort of Spidey sense going on with cool books or what?
                    I saw the book online and it looked interesting so I started looking for signed copies and found that a collectors edition was being published in South Africa. I looked for it from an online retailer but the shipping was too much so I gave up on it. Then I happened to be on eBay and found a copy which shipped from the UK. I actually lost the auction but the seller had two copies and offered me the second one for my final bid.

Comment

I love when people have extra and offer it for my final bid. I have picked up some great books at well below cost that way.

Comment

Two books I just got in today. First up UK S/L of Red Moon by Benjamin Percy, with fancy red page edges.

Last edited by Joe315; 05-16-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

And UK version of The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes, also with neat endpapers.

Comment

Got my signed copy of NOS4A2 today. Hill doodled a bit toward the top of the page. I like that he has a bunch of different doodles he uses.

Comment

Awesome! can't wait to get my copy, hopefully next week. I think that's first vampire O I`ve seen.

Comment

Thanks. Same here regarding the O.

Comment

Working...
                                X