No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Invasion. Thanks Dan for starting the out of print thread. Not sure what I was doing with the camera angle.

Comment

Lonely Road's The Strain. This book is just awesome. I only regret waiting as long as I did to buy it. Fantastic job Brian and everyone else at Lonely Road Books.

Comment

Great additions to your collection, Joe! And, if you're anything like me when it come to taking pics, you get funky angles by trying to cut down on the glare!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The Strain is just a gorgeous looking book. Congrats.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks. I'm real excited for the next two now.

Comment

I like your angle on the British Invasion picture!

And my goodness!!! The Strain is one fantastic looking book! Congratulations on an awesome addition to the collection Joe!

Comment

LOVE The Strain; that's one gorgeous book!
                I wasn't aware of the fact that copies had been sent.

Oops - what am I saying here.
                I've got one myself....I was thinking about the sequel...

sk

Comment

Love the books, especially The Strain. Definitely on my list of books to find when I have the money

Also, I have a signed PB of The Strain and found the story to be enjoyable. There is a consistency error in the book though, but it doesn't ruin the story (though it did make me go back and look at something to make sure I was right). I won't spoil it though unless you really want to know.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I read the book already and am interested in the error. I dont think I noticed one, however I read the book a couple years ago. You could use the spoiler tags so people have to click to see it.

Comment

I don't remember where it was exactly anymore, but...

Spoiler!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Good catch. I wonder how many times the book was read between that writing and final approval without being caught.

Comment

Not sure, not everyone notices that kind of thing since it is relatively minor and doesn't really have a major impact on the story. I'm curious how many people did the proofreading. It's easy to make a mistake like that, but usually someone catches it.

I am an analytic person, so that may have been a part of me noticing that
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Interesting mistake. Havent read the book but I do love finding or in the case hearing about mistakes

Comment

I remember an error that didn't change the story but happened within three pages of each other. The mistake was about the home state of a character. It changed from one to another real quick. it was in Earthcore by Scott Sigler. It was a self published book so I gave him some leeway.

Comment

After adamjames posted his collection I mentioned I was looking for this book but was going to wait until I read some of his work. This popped up on abebooks and I couldn't pass it up. It cost less then the original price so I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X