No announcement yet.

Teriw's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan is such a nice guy.You don't hate him now do you? I see you are feeling sick.Hope you get better soon.

Comment

Oh, I'm ok right now. I forgot to change that. I have been feeling better except for accidentally dosings. lol. I used my moms toaster this morning, which I intend to keep doing until I move out because where the hell am I gonna put another toaster. lol.

I love Dan, in general. Shortly after this I did say I hate him for having TWTTK long ago. lol

Comment

Also, HUNGRY should be an option. I am Starving. Mason made me supper though, can't wait to get home and eat it. Meatloaf and scallopped potatoes which he made special for me. Couldnt used sausage or bread crumbs in his meatloaf, he hadda make bread crumbs out of my gluten free bread and use someone elses recipe because I can't eat sausage (Gluten is a common processed meat preservative) and had to use a different scalloped potatoe recipe because his had flour in it.

Comment

Sorry about the Celiacs diagnosis Teri, that really sucks (to say the least). My wife has issues with gluten too, though luckily not an outright allergy, just a sensitivity to it. She said it was really hard to get used to eating food with no gluten in and a lot of trial and error. There are a few pastas, breads and snacks and such that are gluten free that are actually pretty good. And some that is disgusting too, of course. If you can find stuff that are under the Udi brand for bread products, that is one brand that is pretty good (not as good as stuff with gluten in it to me, but also won't kill you, lol). I don't know if you have any Trader Joe's stores up there they have some gluten free products at decent prices. Annie's brand has a couple gluten free mac and cheese products that are pretty good too.

Did not know that about sausage though, but I guess it does make sense.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I'm sure theres sausages without it but I'll have to find them first. The bread I buy is udi's but its so small. It taste good but for $6/loaf it's not really worth it. I am checking out a baker at the farmers market tomorrow(If I get out of bed on time). She is supposed to be good.

Comment

Yeah, the bread isn't cheap. Luckily they have that brand at Trader Joe's, so it is a little cheaper, but not a whole lot. There are actually quite a few cereals that are gluten free, though most don't mention that and a lot might have trace amounts due to equipment being used to make things with and without gluten products. Most Chex cereals are gluten free and say it on the box, and some Progresso soups are gluten free. All Campbell's soups I've looked at have gluten in them though.

If you are a drinker unflavored Vodka should be good to drink because of the way it's made, though not completely sure how it is with Celiacs. Mike's has a couple gluten free Hard Lemonade drinks that are gluten free as well and says so on the boxes. There are some gluten free rice beers as well, but I'm not really a beer fan so not sure which ones other than Bud are rice beers.
              Spoiler!

Comment

Any liquor that is distilled is gluten free because the protein can't make it through the process. According to everything I have found on the internet anyway. I have found all kinds of alternatives so far for foods but its not cheap and i've spent a chunk of change finding out what i DONT like. the Mi-del I think theyre called, chocolate chip cookies are delish. It you like the crunchy kind anyway but again small and not cheap. I bought penut butter to make my own cookies because they are the only kind I can make and they already don't have any flour or anything in them. Wish we had Trader Joe's. The only place I even found decent bread was the Udi's at Sobeys for $5.99/loaf. Wouldn't surprise me if theres tax on that either even though it's bread.

Comment

Think my wife has only found one or 2 gluten free breads that aren't gross too. Pretty sure you are right with the distillation thing, pretty sure that's why I know vodka that aren't flavored don't have gluten in them. The flavored ones must have the flavoring added after the fact, which makes sense. Wouldn't make much sense to me to flavor it and the distill it, lol. My wife had a hard time with eating gluten for a while until she knew what was good and what she could eat. Would be more difficult with Celiac's though
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I got sick last night from using my moms toaster. I was warned by several websites and did it anyway. My bad. lol. I also ate some beef and brocoli that said "MAY contain wheat" I figured a small amount of cross won't kill me, well it didn't, but I sure thought it was gonna for a little while.

Comment

Yeah, that definitely sucks. Would make eating out difficult too unless they had a gluten free menu and made those things on separate equipment. A lot of chocolates and such have to say may contain wheat as well.
                      Spoiler!

Comment

I've been figuring out my chocolate bar options the last few days. and I've found alot more chips I can have than I expected to.

Comment

I found some "Sticky Out" at work. Anyone know if this is the same as other stuff mentioned previously or if its safe to use on a DJ? Kinda smells like paint thinner but not as strong.

Comment

Just try it out on something else that has a price sticker but is not a book. Then you'll know for sure.

Comment

I can't find anything to try it on.

Comment

There's no book in the office that you can use?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X