Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    Those Easton Press books know how to doll themselves up for your olafactory pleasure!

041011_bookssmell.jpg

"I love the smell of book ink in the morning."--Umberto Eco.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    I just saw this thread for the first time and thought this tangent was rather humorous. I love the smell of leather and when someone hands me a leatherbound book, the first thing I do, without thinking about it, is to smell it. I always get strange looks from the people who see me but I love the smell. Old books as well, nothing smells like it.
    Gotta agree about the smell. I don't actively go around smelling books, but I love the smell of used bookstores. I got an old paperback of Rosemary's Baby from Half Price Books that was in a plastic bag, and opening the bag greeted me with a strong old used book smell, and I loved the smell I found.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    It's a Joe Hill book so I'm hoping maybe someday I will get to go to one of his signings and I will take this book and maybe have him doodle something fun in the blank.
    Good call! Are you sure it was meant to be numbered and not just a second printing or something?

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    It's a Joe Hill book so I'm hoping maybe someday I will get to go to one of his signings and I will take this book and maybe have him doodle something fun in the blank.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    You can give yourself a #1 !

Or I suppose you can contact them and determine which nuber you were supposed to get.

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    What happens when you buy a book that is supposed to be one of a set number, and they forgot to put any number in the blank?

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I hardly have enough money to by signed copies, so i can't be too picky about what number it is that I get. That said if it's a larger print run #666 would always be the coveted one for me. Other than that the first and last printed copy would be slightly me more valued to me, but not enough that I would pay any substantial amount more for them.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    I like having a low number if I can get it, but I wouldn't actively search one out. I also don't put a higher value on a low number vs a high number. Like John and divemaster I would rather have a numbered version versus a PC copy, even though there may be less PC's of a given book.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I avoid PC editions, mainly for the same reason as divemaster. I like the uniqueness of the numbered copy.

John
    what if PC copies were numbered PC1, PC2... or lettered PCA, PCB...etc?

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by JDar. View Post
    Oh no! I can't be the only one who appreciates the "new book" smell while fondling the covers of a newly published gem.
    I just saw this thread for the first time and thought this tangent was rather humorous. I love the smell of leather and when someone hands me a leatherbound book, the first thing I do, without thinking about it, is to smell it. I always get strange looks from the people who see me but I love the smell. Old books as well, nothing smells like it.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I do prefer the numbered/lettered editions to PC's but I don't avoid PC's as a rule, especially if my choice is between nothing and a PC
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I avoid PC editions, mainly for the same reason as divemaster. I like the uniqueness of the numbered copy.

John

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Personally I kinda like PC copies, sure they are usually the last of Lettered or Numbered editions to sell but you can get them cheaper and like with my PC copy of the Lettered He Is Legend, I asked the publisher how many there were and only about 13 were for sale compared to the 52 lettered, depends on how you look at it I guess, PC copies also are what wind up in the hands of the people directly involved with the production of the book were as lettered and numbered ones are for the public, same signatures, same production value, only difference is a few pen strokes

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by divemaster View Post
    Sure it is the same book, but not the same limitation. If I have number, say, #331, I know that no one else has that number. If I have a book with a blank line or "PC" then any number of shmucks out there could have the same thing.

I collect King S/L'd editions. I have no use or desire for PC or blank-line books.
    But tell us how you really feel

Leave a comment:

• divemaster
    replied
    Sure it is the same book, but not the same limitation. If I have number, say, #331, I know that no one else has that number. If I have a book with a blank line or "PC" then any number of shmucks out there could have the same thing.

I collect King S/L'd editions. I have no use or desire for PC or blank-line books.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X