X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats, Dave. I've looked at that the last few years as well. That is a gorgeous looking collection.
    Thanks Tim!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congratulations, Dave -- set looks great! Always satisfying to land those Grails at a deep discount...doesn't happen often, so it's worth celebrating!

Cute kiddo, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats, Dave. I've looked at that the last few years as well. That is a gorgeous looking collection.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just got this set. The 46-volume works of Robert A. Heinlein, aka the Virginia Edition.

They have a sale on at the moment, $300 off the $1500 MSRP, and if you join the Heinlein Society for $45 you can get another 20% off.

I almost went for that deal, but then found this set on Abe Books for $750. Using a cashback offer on my credit card brought it down to $599 with tax and shipping, so I bought it.
    I've been looking at it for at least ten years, but there was always something I wanted more, so it got pushed back.

The funniest comments on the FB page are how they must think people are made of money to afford this set. I'd like to point them to Suntup or Centipede, where you can easily pay that much for a single book

IMG_6144.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I know nothing about bikes but that looks like a work of art. Congrats and be safe. :-)
    Thanks...I can't disagree with your assessment.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I know nothing about bikes but that looks like a work of art. Congrats and be safe. :-)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC. It'll just be a pretty paperweight until Spring hits, but sometimes the perfect bike at the perfect deal doesn't come at the perfect time.

scrambler.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Manly Wade Wellman John The Balladeer from Valancourt Books came into day. Like the cover art. I got the case laminate hardback. Completely serviceable, I was hoping for a new Intro/forward. I'm still waiting for the Haffner Press edition which is also supposed to be shipping soon. It seems that will be a much larger collection. http://www.haffnerpress.com/book/the...the-balladeer/

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I had previously read The Dog Stars but hadn't read The Hunger. I randomly read about five paragraphs the other day and liked the writing style so I am looking forward to reading it. Glad to know it's a good read.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

And both books were great reads!

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    These just came in from Camelot Books. I've been lightly collecting lately but couldn't pass on either of these editions. LP knocked another one out of the park and SST always provides great production value for the price point. Thrilled to add both of these to my collection.
    And both books were great reads!

B

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    These just came in from Camelot Books. I've been lightly collecting lately but couldn't pass on either of these editions. LP knocked another one out of the park and SST always provides great production value for the price point. Thrilled to add both of these to my collection.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hermit
    replied
    I recently received my copy of Chasing the Boogeyman. I purchased it after making the opportunistic purchase of Becoming the Boogeyman after one of those "bribery" newsletter emails lol
    Ive not started reading it yet as im currently in the middle of a book, then I need to decide which of my pile of TBRs to start next.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just ordered Midworld's The Atlas of Hell by Nathan Ballingrud. Sounds like a very interesting collection of Short Stories.
    It’s a great collection of stories. I was interested in the Midworld collection, but my budget got brutalized this last week with two Centipede titles, three Thunderstorm books, and my copy of SST’s DAPHNE by Malerman through Camelot.

Maybe if copies hold out I’ll be able to snag a copy. I wanted the lettered, but $700 books are just out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just ordered Midworld's The Atlas of Hell by Nathan Ballingrud. Sounds like a very interesting collection of Short Stories.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    My copy of Club Dumas just got here. Beautiful Book. The Subterranean Press Ed is on the right.
    Dumas 5 r.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X