Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just ordered Midworld's The Atlas of Hell by Nathan Ballingrud. Sounds like a very interesting collection of Short Stories.
    It’s a great collection of stories. I was interested in the Midworld collection, but my budget got brutalized this last week with two Centipede titles, three Thunderstorm books, and my copy of SST’s DAPHNE by Malerman through Camelot.

Maybe if copies hold out I’ll be able to snag a copy. I wanted the lettered, but $700 books are just out of the question.

Comment

I recently received my copy of Chasing the Boogeyman. I purchased it after making the opportunistic purchase of Becoming the Boogeyman after one of those "bribery" newsletter emails lol
      Ive not started reading it yet as im currently in the middle of a book, then I need to decide which of my pile of TBRs to start next.

Comment

These just came in from Camelot Books. I've been lightly collecting lately but couldn't pass on either of these editions. LP knocked another one out of the park and SST always provides great production value for the price point. Thrilled to add both of these to my collection.
        Attached Files
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          These just came in from Camelot Books. I've been lightly collecting lately but couldn't pass on either of these editions. LP knocked another one out of the park and SST always provides great production value for the price point. Thrilled to add both of these to my collection.
          And both books were great reads!

B

Comment

I had previously read The Dog Stars but hadn't read The Hunger. I randomly read about five paragraphs the other day and liked the writing style so I am looking forward to reading it. Glad to know it's a good read.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

And both books were great reads!

B

Comment

The Manly Wade Wellman John The Balladeer from Valancourt Books came into day. Like the cover art. I got the case laminate hardback. Completely serviceable, I was hoping for a new Intro/forward. I'm still waiting for the Haffner Press edition which is also supposed to be shipping soon. It seems that will be a much larger collection. http://www.haffnerpress.com/book/the...the-balladeer/

Comment

2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC. It'll just be a pretty paperweight until Spring hits, but sometimes the perfect bike at the perfect deal doesn't come at the perfect time.

scrambler.jpg
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I know nothing about bikes but that looks like a work of art. Congrats and be safe. :-)

Comment

I know nothing about bikes but that looks like a work of art. Congrats and be safe. :-)
                    Thanks...I can't disagree with your assessment.

Comment

I just got this set. The 46-volume works of Robert A. Heinlein, aka the Virginia Edition.

They have a sale on at the moment, $300 off the $1500 MSRP, and if you join the Heinlein Society for $45 you can get another 20% off.

I almost went for that deal, but then found this set on Abe Books for $750. Using a cashback offer on my credit card brought it down to $599 with tax and shipping, so I bought it.
                      I've been looking at it for at least ten years, but there was always something I wanted more, so it got pushed back.

The funniest comments on the FB page are how they must think people are made of money to afford this set. I'd like to point them to Suntup or Centipede, where you can easily pay that much for a single book

IMG_6144.jpg

Comment

Congrats, Dave. I've looked at that the last few years as well. That is a gorgeous looking collection.

Comment

Congratulations, Dave -- set looks great! Always satisfying to land those Grails at a deep discount...doesn't happen often, so it's worth celebrating!

Cute kiddo, btw.

Comment

Congrats, Dave. I've looked at that the last few years as well. That is a gorgeous looking collection.
                            Thanks Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Congratulations, Dave -- set looks great! Always satisfying to land those Grails at a deep discount...doesn't happen often, so it's worth celebrating!

Cute kiddo, btw.
                              Thanks Ron! Yes, I usually only see the occasional volume from a broken set up for sale, so this was a lucky find.

The kiddo will be 19 next month! Those pics must be from 2008 or so, but we like them

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Thanks Ron! Yes, I usually only see the occasional volume from a broken set up for sale, so this was a lucky find.

The kiddo will be 19 next month! Those pics must be from 2008 or so, but we like them
                                Times flies like a jetpack, doesn't it? Mine turn 25 next year...no idea how that happened since it seems like grade school was just yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X