Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Fun stuff, Mike. We have something similar called OddMall: Emporium of the Weird that hits our area a couple times a year. There's usually one a month or so before Christmas...looking forward to that one if schedules allow.
    Ron, there is one scheduled for Seattle Oct 14-15 and one for Portland oct 21-22..Side note, I will touch base with you the first week of September, we'll be in Seattle visiting our son and daughter for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Our book shopping yesterday started out visiting an ARC (which is like a Goodwill) and we got a GIANT stack of really nice books for about $22 (although the damn sticker residue will not come off - they use some industrial grade stickers it seems).
      If you (or anyone) is looking for a good way to get sticker residue off, try Goo Gone sprayed on the end of a Q-tip. You can spread it on with a light or heavy hand, let it sit for a few seconds, then use a plastic scraper to work the residue off.

If you don't get all the residue off the first time, just flip the Q-tip around and repeat. A regular-sized bottle of Goo Gone will go a LONNNGGG way if you're only using it for this.

Comment

That's exactly what I ended up doing - going some Goo Gone and got those pesky stickers off.

Comment

Holy shit guys - I did it.

I bought a house. A HOUSE!

We closed yesterday (I piloted the first 100% digital mortgage with my credit union too) and got the keys. IT HAPPENED!

Here are some pictures - let me tell you - this place has an ABSURD amount of storage, and some of the most beautiful built-ins I've seen in a house.
          94f396219f3bc83cb2f3430d75ed9f8e-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg

989626_2_0.jpg
          989626_7_0.jpg
          There are more built-ins down the hallway with the bedrooms. There's also a 75% finished basement with more bookshelves (not built-ins but the previous owner did a HELL OF A JOB mounting a bunch of book shelves.

This house checked every box we had and then some.

So yeah - this finally happened.

Comment

We closed yesterday (I piloted the first 100% digital mortgage with my credit union too) and got the keys. IT HAPPENED!

Here are some pictures - let me tell you - this place has an ABSURD amount of storage, and some of the most beautiful built-ins I've seen in a house.

989626_2_0.jpg
            989626_7_0.jpg
            There are more built-ins down the hallway with the bedrooms. There's also a 75% finished basement with more bookshelves (not built-ins but the previous owner did a HELL OF A JOB mounting a bunch of book shelves.

Congratulations! Those bookcases look beautiful.

Comment

TacomaDiver  Now that's a house! Those built-ins are really nice. They'll look even better once they're filled with books

Comment

These shelves don't even stand a chance - they are going to get FILLED up so fast!

Comment

989626_2_0.jpg
                  989626_7_0.jpg

Congratulations!

Great looking house and those book shelves are awesome!

B

Comment

These shelves don't even stand a chance - they are going to get FILLED up so fast!
                    WOW! Beautiful house. Congratulations! I am adequately jealous. 

Comment

I'm just joining in to add another "congratulations!" to the mix. That is a nice looking house. To be honest, I'm much more of a dark wood kind of guy, but those pictures of the inside of the house, especially those beautiful built-ins, have got me rethinking my stance. So beautiful! I'm also a sucker for french doors so that entry into the kitchen is right up my alley as well. I'm joining Jeff in the "jealous" category! Congratulations again!

Comment

Congrats my friend. It is a beauty.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Beautiful home, and those built-ins are stunning...this is truly the house that was waiting just for you...glad you found it, and congratulations.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

My copy of Club Dumas just got here. Beautiful Book. The Subterranean Press Ed is on the right.
                              Dumas 5 r.jpg

Comment

Just ordered Midworld's The Atlas of Hell by Nathan Ballingrud. Sounds like a very interesting collection of Short Stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X