No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot: I don't know if I already posted this, but I also bought the limited of the eigth DT book, via certified mail (check).
    I think I mentioned this already but I went back 2 pages and didn't see it so here it is again if I have done so in the past.

Comment

A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have been asked an interesting thought RE my book ... and seeing as though i hope to sell some through here (i have asked Brian's permission to sell through the CD forum), through thedarktower.org and i have quite a few friends clamouring to get a copy, i may aswell put it out there - should they be numbered 1 - 50 or lettered A - ZZ and yes i have been told by many people that i have to sign it, sigh, it might ruin the book though!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
          I have been asked an interesting thought RE my book ... and seeing as though i hope to sell some through here (i have asked Brian's permission to sell through the CD forum), through thedarktower.org and i have quite a few friends clamouring to get a copy, i may aswell put it out there - should they be numbered 1 - 50 or lettered A - ZZ and yes i have been told by many people that i have to sign it, sigh, it might ruin the book though!

My 2 cents Tom, for what it's worth, is to go with the Lettered format (only because Lettered just reeks of exclusivity ). And, yep, of course you have to sign it !!!! And, save me a copy, alright ???????

Hey ... just noticed ... and it may only be my imagination at play here Tom ... but, is that you in the above drawing ????
          Last edited by Grant Wootton; 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.
            And, make sure you get a multi-region player, too !!!! It's an absolute must for me, cos a lot of my Blu-Ray and DVD discs are sourced out of the US - the same may well apply in reverse, all those Australian Oscar award winning movies like ... ummm ..... hmmm ... okay, none - yet - but we do have some pretty cool ones nonetheless

Comment

Grant you can definitely have a copy and i'm not sure if he based the looks of the character on me or not. I wear glasses, my hair is longer than that though but yes there are sililarities.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                Grant you can definitely have a copy and i'm not sure if he based the looks of the character on me or not. I wear glasses, my hair is longer than that though but yes there are sililarities.
                Cool, thanks Tom I reckon Glenn used you as the basis for the character profile in the drawing

Comment

I am guessing I missed it somewhere, but what is this book going to be about Tito? The artwork is great, but everything I've seen from Glenn is great
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

It's post #388 on page 39 of this thread.
                    http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...urchase/page39
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It's horror, a couple are moving into a new home (a picturesque cottage in the English countryside) and are being helped by 2 friends. Apart from the wierd old lady from the state agents who handed over the keys everything goes great, that is until the cows come to vistit. It doesn't take long for the realisation that they aren't the normal beef burger variety to hit home and a fight for survival follows.

Comment

It's sounds like a novelization of a Far Side drawing.

Comment

Co-written with Dana Lyons, maybe ????

2009_02_09_CowWithGun.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Thanks Squire. Leave it to me to get it backwards. But unlike you I love combos...DVD players built in to TVs. I even have 3 TVs with built in DVD and VCR players that still work great. But what you're saying is that regular DVDs will not be around much longer? They'll go the way of the cassette tape? What am I suposed to do with the hundreds I have?? I guess just hope none of my combos break.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                              And, make sure you get a multi-region player, too !!!! It's an absolute must for me, cos a lot of my Blu-Ray and DVD discs are sourced out of the US - the same may well apply in reverse, all those Australian Oscar award winning movies like ... ummm ..... hmmm ... okay, none - yet - but we do have some pretty cool ones nonetheless
                              Yep, that's one thing I do need to do since there are so many of those "PAL" DVDs with great flicks on them that unexplainably, have not been put on DVD over here. The Mutilator is a perfect example, one of the best slashers of all time!

Isn't Nicole Kidman from Australia Grant? Nothing against her nationality, but I have no clue how she's made it as an actress. She's just not that good, but she was in that movie I think called Dead Calm. But Tom Cruize (sp?) isn't any good either. He has to be the most overrated actor in history.

Comment

I don't think DVDs are on their way out yet, Scott. Blu Ray players will always be able to play them I'm sure. And they are the cheaper alternative right now. I'm sure you're good on DVDs for 20 years at least. (I have around 800 titles on DVD.) Right now, VHS is the endangered species. worry about those first. Now my Laser Disc player, that's an almost extinct species. I had to transfer a few of them top DVD, tho only one made a good enough copy to keep. I may post it sometime.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X