Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks fantastic, Ron. Congrats!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Something a little unusual for me: I picked up the I AM LEGEND Suntup giclée print a week or so ago, and it now hangs proudly in my office. Very pleased with it, one of my all-time favorite books...I'll post up pictures on Twitter sometime next week.

EDIT: Decided to post it this morning instead…pics here:
    https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...143859200?s=21
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Something a little unusual for me: I picked up the I AM LEGEND Suntup giclée print a week or so ago, and it now hangs proudly in my office. Very pleased with it, one of my all-time favorite books...I'll post up pictures on Twitter sometime next week.

EDIT: Decided to post it this morning instead…pics here:
      https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...143859200?s=21
      Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      That looks fantastic, Ron. Congrats!
      Seconded! That does look really good!

I wish I had the space for a lot of those prints - or just even more artwork in general. But I need the walls for bookshelves.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Seconded! That does look really good!

I wish I had the space for a lot of those prints - or just even more artwork in general. But I need the walls for bookshelves.
        Thanks, guys.

And I definitely get what you are saying, TD…but you’ll be glad to know that no bookcase space was lost with this print, as it hangs above a doorway (thank you, high ceilings!).

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yesterday, two books I had been waiting for showed up.

First is the signed edition of Frank Bello's autobiography. Frank is the bassist of one of my favorite bands - Anthrax. I'm not expecting a lot because most so many musician's autobiographies seem to be lacking and very "thin" in content. But it'll go well with my two signed Scott Ian books.

IMG_6121.jpgIMG_6122.jpg

The second book I feel kind of lucky to have even been able to order - had no idea it existed until a buddy of mine sent the link.

The signed version of The Art of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess' Stardust. I only flipped through a little bit, but I love this whole package. Signed by both Gaiman and Vess, and includes a beautiful signed print from Vess. I really wish I could go back in time to that day I found myself at the Comic Art Museum in San Francisco where they had all of the original artwork from Stardust.

IMG_6116.jpgIMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpgIMG_6119.jpg

Comment

Thanks, guys.

And I definitely get what you are saying, TD…but you’ll be glad to know that no bookcase space was lost with this print, as it hangs above a doorway (thank you, high ceilings!).
            That gives me an idea - we have fairly high ceilings in this apartment. I could put more pictures above the bookshelves. Hmmmmmm . . .

Comment

That gives me an idea - we have fairly high ceilings in this apartment. I could put more pictures above the bookshelves. Hmmmmmm . . .
              Do it — that beautiful signed Vess print (above) will look perfect there!

Comment

Yesterday, two books I had been waiting for showed up.

First is the signed edition of Frank Bello's autobiography. Frank is the bassist of one of my favorite bands - Anthrax. I'm not expecting a lot because most so many musician's autobiographies seem to be lacking and very "thin" in content. But it'll go well with my two signed Scott Ian books.

IMG_6121.jpgIMG_6122.jpg

The second book I feel kind of lucky to have even been able to order - had no idea it existed until a buddy of mine sent the link.

The signed version of The Art of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess' Stardust. I only flipped through a little bit, but I love this whole package. Signed by both Gaiman and Vess, and includes a beautiful signed print from Vess. I really wish I could go back in time to that day I found myself at the Comic Art Museum in San Francisco where they had all of the original artwork from Stardust.

IMG_6116.jpgIMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpgIMG_6119.jpg
                Great additions, Congratulations!

Comment

While not a recent purchase, I did get some neat things today.

I believe it was last week when I found out that Stephen Graham Jones (and Paul Trembaly) were both in Telluride for a horror fest, and while looking up what that event is (and how far Telluride was) I discovered that SGJ was going to be in Fort Collins at their library's annual Book Fest.

While not super familiar with SGJ, I am at least aware of him, and have three of his books (and two SST editions) so a book signing was in order.

His talk was really interesting. He spent about 5 or 6 minutes reading from his latest book, My Heart is a Chainsaw, and then answering questions from the moderator, on-line, and the audience. I saved my question for the book signing line - who's your most underrated 80s hair metal band?
                  IMG_6142.jpg

You can watch his panel on the website here - right now at least, it's video 4 of 8.

Here are some pictures of his inscriptions to the three books I brought:
                  IMG_6149.jpg
                  Jason - thanks for Kings of the Sun

(This was a band I mentioned to him as being an underrated 80s hair metal band.)

IMG_6150.jpg
                  Jason - when you look into the elk, the elk looks back into you.

IMG_6151.jpg
                  Jason - allow me to introduce you to Jade Daniels ...

It was a fun way to spend a few hours on a Saturday. Plus I got to visit a brewery I hadn't been to before - WeldWerks - and bought some delicious beers.

Comment

That looks like a fun event and great night…congrats on some cool inscriptions.

Comment

Congrats on the reading and signing. I have enjoyed the handful I've been to over the years.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Really cool, Jason. Reminds me of a night I once spent in Denver

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Really cool, Jason. Reminds me of a night I once spent in Denver
                          Another damn good night!

Comment

Another damn good night!
                            Yes, Sir!

Comment

I don’t know how many Karl Edward Wagner fans are out there but I found this pretty darn interesting. Full of interesting interviews, artwork and information. You can pick it up on Amazon.

Wagner.jpg

Comment

Oooo, thanks for the heads-up, will have to add this to my next order…I always need more KEW in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X