• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gorgeous piece as well!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Thanks guys!

My wife wants it hung in the living room instead of my office/den because she really likes it too - so that's saying something.

Speaking of the wife, I requested another commission from Brian "Oktopolis" Miller - the guy who I got that Mouse Guard painting from. I needed to be fair and get her something too. I tried to slyly find out what she would want without actually telling her. The choices were basically between something from My Little Pony or something from Beauty and the Beast. I went with B&tB since we don't have a lot of art from that - but we do have tons of MLP stuff.

Here's what he came up with:
      IMG_2704.jpg

She's very excited about it. Plus since she's stuck at home, she was able to watch him create it live on his Twitch channel.
      That is nice!

Comment

Today at the local indy bookstore I purchased The Zombie Stories of H. P. Lovecraft. A quick glance at the Contents indicates I scored, I only see one Lovecraft story listed that I have. The book was only $7.99.

Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Ramsey Campbell showed up this evening, WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            The MotWT set? Very jealous (and would love to see pics to become even more so)!
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

The MotWT set? Very jealous (and would love to see pics to become even more so)!
              That's the one, I will try to get some pics up this weekend. I'm working late this evening so I won't be able to get to it today. Very nice two volume set.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                I'm so jealous. I'm waiting ever so impatiently for mine to show up. This MotWT set is one of the reasons I became a subscriber. I was NOT going to miss out on it. This, the Aickman set, and the upcoming Charles L. Grant volume are essentials for my library. I'd love to track down all of the books in this series, but the aftermarket prices are bonkers.

I know when I get the set, my instinct will be to start plowing through the stories, but Campbell isn't that kind of writer. You can shotgun King until you pass out, but Campbell requires slow sips to really savor those flavors.

Comment

I was always disappointed that I missed Karl Edward Wagner. I did pick up the subsequent set. I saw it go on ebay not to long ago for around $800.00.

Comment

Was the Ramsey Campbell set even officially offered, or did it sell out in some sort of pre-order reservation period? I remember hearing at some point that it was in the works, and then all of a sudden folks had copies of it. I’m wondering if I missed the order announcement, or...?

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Was the Ramsey Campbell set even officially offered, or did it sell out in some sort of pre-order reservation period? I remember hearing at some point that it was in the works, and then all of a sudden folks had copies of it. I’m wondering if I missed the order announcement, or...?
                      I know I didn’t receive an email for open ordering. In fact, I didn’t even see the sold out order page until I looked at the book on the “Books” page. The home page didn’t have a link attached as they normally do when the books are up for sale. I’m assuming all were sold on a preorder list. This kinda surprised me as I never hear anyone really talk about Campbell. He’s recognized as a master of the genre but there just isn’t much chatter, so I figured there’d at least be a couple open for the public. Heck, Jerad said there would be unsigned copies available and those are all gone as well, it seems.

Comment

I am pleased to post one of my Grails. Along with Dune, The Stars My Destination is one of my all time favorite Sci-Fi Novels. I have searched for a reasonably priced copy of this book for years. I thought I had found one a few years ago, but it turned out to be an ex-library book. Not mentioned in the listing of course, which seems to be a norm with some sellers. Anyway, I returned it and continued the hunt. Found this beauty last week. What a beautiful copy, near mint. Pictured along with the Gregg Press edition is the Franklin Watt’s 1987 edition.
                        • Publication: The Stars My Destination
                        • Author: Alfred Bester
                        • Date: 1975-06-00
                        • ISBN: 0-8398-2300-2 [978-0-8398-2300-1]
                        • Publisher: Gregg Press
                        • Pub. Series: The Gregg Press Science Fiction Series
                        • Price: $10.00
                        • Pages: xv+197
                        • Format: hc?
                        • Type: NOVEL
                        • Notes:
                          • "Republished in 1975 by Gregg Press" stated on the copyright page.
                          • No stated month of publication. Date here from the publisher's catalog.
                          • No dust jacket, as issued. Green buckram with titles in gold on red background.
                          • No printed price. Price from Gregg Press catalog.
                          • "A complete photographic reprint of a work first published in New York by The New American Library in 1957. The trim size of the original paperback edition was 4-1/8 by 7 inches." stated on the copyright page.
                          • First hardcover edition, according to Currey.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mhatchett; 08-29-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Oh, and I got this book by some guy named Ramjet Campbell??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Man, those look like a pair of gorgeous books! I missed out on those, but may have to seek out a set someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X