Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cool display!

    Comment


      Thanks!

      Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Cool display!

      Comment


        Have to clean it up, but I found this vintage gum machine today!

        Comment


          Hopefully the gum is still good.

          Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Have to clean it up, but I found this vintage gum machine today!

          Comment


            Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            Hopefully the gum is still good.


            Little tough LOL!!

            Comment


              My CD slipcase for The Institute arrived today - perfect timing since I just finished reading this book on Wednesday night (well, technically super-early Thursday morning.)

              Interesting observation - aka oblivious as HELL! - I didn't realize the cover art was of a train car until I got the slipcase. Yeah, I'm super observant.

              Book fit perfectly in the slipcase, even with the Brodart cover, so great job CD!

              Comment


                Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                My CD slipcase for The Institute arrived today - perfect timing since I just finished reading this book on Wednesday night (well, technically super-early Thursday morning.)

                Interesting observation - aka oblivious as HELL! - I didn't realize the cover art was of a train car until I got the slipcase. Yeah, I'm super observant.

                Book fit perfectly in the slipcase, even with the Brodart cover, so great job CD!
                I’m never in the market for these slipcases—clearly In the minority because CD sells a TON—but I’m always impressed with the pictures I see of them. Congrats on the addition.

                Comment


                  The Red Dragon Numbered slipcase is just insanely nice. I keep looking at it from different angles just to see the color and texture change.

                  DSCN4878.jpgDSCN4888.jpgDSCN4873.jpgDSCN4883.jpgDSCN4880.jpgDSCN4881.jpg

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    My CD slipcase for The Institute arrived today - perfect timing since I just finished reading this book on Wednesday night (well, technically super-early Thursday morning.)

                    Interesting observation - aka oblivious as HELL! - I didn't realize the cover art was of a train car until I got the slipcase. Yeah, I'm super observant.

                    Book fit perfectly in the slipcase, even with the Brodart cover, so great job CD!
                    Gotta love the how the mail system works. I'm closer to CD and you get yours first . Happy to hear it's Brodart approved.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                      The Red Dragon Numbered slipcase is just insanely nice. I keep looking at it from different angles just to see the color and texture change.
                      Congrats! It's a super production for sure!

                      Comment


                        I bought some MLP comics for Katie from a comic store in Boulder. About 16 miles away. It took four days to arrive via Media Mail.

                        \_(ツ)_/


                        Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

                        Gotta love the how the mail system works. I'm closer to CD and you get yours first . Happy to hear it's Brodart approved.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          I bought some MLP comics for Katie from a comic store in Boulder. About 16 miles away. It took four days to arrive via Media Mail.

                          \_(ツ)_/



                          Yea, it's nuts. I had a two-day priority package stuck in L.A. from July 20th until it finally arrived to me on August 12. Surprisingly with everything going on, I haven't had too many issues with delays.

                          Comment


                            The only real fiasco I have had is the latest Little Book from Borderlands. The tracking shows it died and went to the Mail Recovery Center, but since it's worth less than $25 according to the post office, it's gone.

                            Borderlands said they'd send me a new copy since I'm a subscriber, but they were going to bill me for Priority Mail, but I haven't seen anything again about this, and their email response times are less than ideal.

                            Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

                            Yea, it's nuts. I had a two-day priority package stuck in L.A. from July 20th until it finally arrived to me on August 12. Surprisingly with everything going on, I haven't had too many issues with delays.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              The only real fiasco I have had is the latest Little Book from Borderlands. The tracking shows it died and went to the Mail Recovery Center, but since it's worth less than $25 according to the post office, it's gone.

                              Borderlands said they'd send me a new copy since I'm a subscriber, but they were going to bill me for Priority Mail, but I haven't seen anything again about this, and their email response times are less than ideal.


                              Odd that the P.O. would consider it unless than $25 when they retail at $30. I don't believe I've ever had to email BL about an issue so I can't speak to their turnaround times. Hopefully they get it fixed for you sooner vs. later.

                              Comment


                                While completing the recent "what books would you like Suntup to publish?" survey that was sent out, one of my selections sent me down the GOTTA HAVE IT road - and that book would be Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves.

                                This is a book I remember starting many years ago but never finishing it because it got a place where it was difficult to read. The various typeset and font and formats made it a challenge, but one that I think would be a beautiful edition from Suntup.

                                Even though it's been years since I first attempted to read this, there are still parts that I read that haunt me to this day. Just something about it.

                                I only owned a paperback copy, so I started off down that road of tracking down a first hardcover copy. I had to really research this book because it's confusing - the first editions are marked Second Edition, so it was difficult to know what you were looking at on-line.

                                But I did manage to track down a really nice 1st Hardcover that's signed.

                                So I present my latest purchase - House of Leaves.

                                IMG_2681.jpgIMG_2687.jpg

                                Here's the confusing part - the Title Page says Second Edition, but the copyright information page shows First:
                                IMG_2688.jpgIMG_2689.jpg

                                I also found the companion piece - The Whalestoe Letters:
                                IMG_2683.jpgIMG_2684.jpg

                                I really should make it a priority to read this since I spent all this time (and money) on tracking these editions down.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X