Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Today I was looking at some work by an artist whose style I do really enjoy. I went to his Etsy store and just happened to notice one print at a bargain price. I almost didn't see this. I only paid $15.78 total. At this price, I just simply couldn't resist and caved in. I already have one Scott Saw print - One Way Ticket which I had wanted for years and finally got that one 2 or 3 years ago. Below is the print I purchased today. ~Cap

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/276342900/modern-home-space-art-futuristic-mod?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_v iew_type=gallery&ga_search_query=scott+saw&ref=sr_ gallery-1-7&organic_search_click=1
    Nice! Looks like it would go well with the cartoon version of Yellowstone

    Comment


      Picked up an oldie but a goodie, Richard Lupoff's The Comic Book Killer (Hobart Lindsey / Marvia Plum Mystery Series), complete with slipcase and bonus comic. If you aren't familiar with Lupoff, look him up, among other thing's he's an expert on Edgar Rice Burroughs....And if you don't know who that is, I despair for you lol!!
      Last edited by Dan Hocker; 06-11-2020, 01:51 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Picked up an oldie but a goodie, Richard Lupoff's The Comic Book Killer (Hobart Lindsey / Marvia Plum Mystery Series), complete with slipcase and bonus comic. If you aren't familiar with Lupoff, look him up, among other thing's he's an expert on Edgar Rice Burroughs....And if you don't know who that is, I despair for you lol!!
        I have (used to have?) a couple of Golden Gryphon HC collections by Lupoff...pretty good, as I recall. I don't see them on the shelf where they should be, so apparently they were purged at some point...too bad, I remember enjoying them.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

        Comment


          Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

          I have (used to have?) a couple of Golden Gryphon HC collections by Lupoff...pretty good, as I recall. I don't see them on the shelf where they should be, so apparently they were purged at some point...too bad, I remember enjoying them.
          I just purchased his collection from Fedogan & Bremer, Before 12:01...and After.

          I read his collection Terrors a couple of years ago and liked it. His writing tends to have an old school style feel to it, like it was something that could have been published back in the 1950's.

          B.

          Comment


            Originally posted by brlesh View Post

            I just purchased his collection from Fedogan & Bremer, Before 12:01...and After.

            I read his collection Terrors a couple of years ago and liked it. His writing tends to have an old school style feel to it, like it was something that could have been published back in the 1950's.

            B.
            I think he was writing back in the 50's, he was born in 1935 LOL!!

            Comment


              Recently purchased a couple of grab bag offerings. The first to arrive is from Gauntlet Press. The contents were four limited editions and on lettered. One of the books will be signed by Ray Bradbury or Richard Matheson.
              Got some pretty good stuff:
              • F. Paul Wilson - Secret Vengeance: A Repairman Jack Novel (#236 of 475)
                • Have been intrigued by Mr. WIlson but never read him.
              • Joe R. Lansdale - Honkey Tonk Samurai (#38 of 500)
                • Already read this via Audible but this is my first Hap and Leonard Hardbound and I will happily read it again!
              • J.N. Williamson's Illustrated Masks - Featuring Paul Dale Anderson, Clive Barker, Mort Castle, Stephen King, Robert McCammon, Wayne Allen Sallee, Robert Weinberg and F. Paul Wilson.
                • # 50 0f 500 - signed by Robert McCammon, David Campiti, John Maclay, Mort Castle, Wayne Allen Sallee, F. Paul Wilson, Robert Weinberg, Paul Dale Anderson and six artists whom I am unsure of.
                • Includes the graphic story Popsy by Stephen King.
                • I have looked at this one on eBay a few times but never pulled the trigger.
              • Ray Bradbury - Bullet Trick (#435 of 500)
              • Kevin J. Anderson - Working Stiff (letter Y) signed by the author and Jonathon Mayberry who wrote the forward.
                • Never heard of this before and it could be real good or real bad. It is a collection of Zombie PI stories. Time will tell.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Recently purchased a couple of grab bag offerings. The first to arrive is from Gauntlet Press. The contents were four limited editions and on lettered. One of the books will be signed by Ray Bradbury or Richard Matheson.
                Got some pretty good stuff:
                • F. Paul Wilson - Secret Vengeance: A Repairman Jack Novel (#236 of 475)
                  • Have been intrigued by Mr. WIlson but never read him.
                • Joe R. Lansdale - Honkey Tonk Samurai (#38 of 500)
                  • Already read this via Audible but this is my first Hap and Leonard Hardbound and I will happily read it again!
                • J.N. Williamson's Illustrated Masks - Featuring Paul Dale Anderson, Clive Barker, Mort Castle, Stephen King, Robert McCammon, Wayne Allen Sallee, Robert Weinberg and F. Paul Wilson.
                  • # 50 0f 500 - signed by Robert McCammon, David Campiti, John Maclay, Mort Castle, Wayne Allen Sallee, F. Paul Wilson, Robert Weinberg, Paul Dale Anderson and six artists whom I am unsure of.
                  • Includes the graphic story Popsy by Stephen King.
                  • I have looked at this one on eBay a few times but never pulled the trigger.
                • Ray Bradbury - Bullet Trick (#435 of 500)
                • Kevin J. Anderson - Working Stiff (letter Y) signed by the author and Jonathon Mayberry who wrote the forward.
                  • Never heard of this before and it could be real good or real bad. It is a collection of Zombie PI stories. Time will tell.
                Nice grab bag! I’ve been tempted by their offerings but haven’t pulled the trigger. Usually their lettered deals have the caveat that the will come without the traycase which kills the deal for me.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Recently purchased a couple of grab bag offerings. The first to arrive is from Gauntlet Press. The contents were four limited editions and on lettered. One of the books will be signed by Ray Bradbury or Richard Matheson.
                  Got some pretty good stuff:
                  • F. Paul Wilson - Secret Vengeance: A Repairman Jack Novel (#236 of 475)
                    • Have been intrigued by Mr. WIlson but never read him.
                  • Joe R. Lansdale - Honkey Tonk Samurai (#38 of 500)
                    • Already read this via Audible but this is my first Hap and Leonard Hardbound and I will happily read it again!
                  • J.N. Williamson's Illustrated Masks - Featuring Paul Dale Anderson, Clive Barker, Mort Castle, Stephen King, Robert McCammon, Wayne Allen Sallee, Robert Weinberg and F. Paul Wilson.
                    • # 50 0f 500 - signed by Robert McCammon, David Campiti, John Maclay, Mort Castle, Wayne Allen Sallee, F. Paul Wilson, Robert Weinberg, Paul Dale Anderson and six artists whom I am unsure of.
                    • Includes the graphic story Popsy by Stephen King.
                    • I have looked at this one on eBay a few times but never pulled the trigger.
                  • Ray Bradbury - Bullet Trick (#435 of 500)
                  • Kevin J. Anderson - Working Stiff (letter Y) signed by the author and Jonathon Mayberry who wrote the forward.
                    • Never heard of this before and it could be real good or real bad. It is a collection of Zombie PI stories. Time will tell.

                  Congrats! The limited edition of Illustrated Masques has been on my want list for a long time!

                  Comment


                    This wonderful tome was delivered to me yesterday. (Thanks, Jeffsta!) I know most of you probably own this book but I didn't. With the limited edition of the second volume forthcoming, my OCD couldn't let me be without the first one. Now I must weigh my desire to read it versus how new it looks in the original publisher's shrink wrap.

                    BEST OF CEMETERY DANCE.jpg

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      This wonderful tome was delivered to me yesterday. (Thanks, Jeffsta!) I know most of you probably own this book but I didn't. With the limited edition of the second volume forthcoming, my OCD couldn't let me be without the first one. Now I must weigh my desire to read it versus how new it looks in the original publisher's shrink wrap.

                      BEST OF CEMETERY DANCE.jpg
                      Beautiful picture! Now you have the dilemma of whether to remove the shrink wrap or not to read it. I've been fighting that urge since 1988! LOL
                      Enjoy the book and thanks again.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

                        Nice grab bag! I’ve been tempted by their offerings but haven’t pulled the trigger. Usually their lettered deals have the caveat that the will come without the traycase which kills the deal for me.
                        That is interesting. The announcement for this one stated that the lettered would not be shrinked and mine came shrink wrapped. There was no case but I am not sure it ever came with one.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post


                          Congrats! The limited edition of Illustrated Masques has been on my want list for a long time!
                          Mine as well. I have come close to purchasing it multiple times but always felt the asking price was to high.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                            This wonderful tome was delivered to me yesterday. (Thanks, Jeffsta!) I know most of you probably own this book but I didn't. With the limited edition of the second volume forthcoming, my OCD couldn't let me be without the first one. Now I must weigh my desire to read it versus how new it looks in the original publisher's shrink wrap.

                            BEST OF CEMETERY DANCE.jpg
                            Congratulations, that is a great addition to any collection!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post

                              Beautiful picture! Now you have the dilemma of whether to remove the shrink wrap or not to read it. I've been fighting that urge since 1988! LOL
                              Enjoy the book and thanks again.
                              Oops, I meant 1998 though it seemed like 1988.

                              Comment


                                My recommendation is always to remove books from their shrink wrap. Shrink wrap is not an appropriate long term storage solution. Moisture from changing temperatures / humidity can be trapped inside and cause mildew / mold. Obviously that hasn't happened with this one, but there's no way for you to know if your house is as stable humidity wise as it's previous owners.
                                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

                                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X