No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folio edition of Starship Troopers. Very nice. Included a picture of the box it came in lol!

#1 R.jpg

#2 R.jpg

#3 R.jpg

#4 R.jpg

Comment

Nice add, Mike!

Comment

Nice acquisition, looks great. I've seen the movie, but have never read Heinlein's source novel.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The Hungarian translation of Robert McCammon's Boy's Life. It's a thick book!

hu-bl-1.jpghu-bl-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
            The Hungarian translation of Robert McCammon's Boy's Life. It's a thick book!

For when you're in the mood for some light reading? laugh.gif

That's really cool to see, Hunter! Not many people around these parts have that edition in their collection, even hardcore McCammon collectors. Thanks for sharing it with us.
            Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 04-10-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
              When you're in the mood for some light reading? [ATTACH=CONFIG]21404[/ATTACH]

That's really cool to see, Hunter! Not many people around these parts have that edition in their collection, even hardcore McCammon collectors. Thanks for sharing it with us.
              Shipping for this was incredible. I paid twice the cost of the book in shipping fees from Hungary.

Comment

I finally got a copy of Ligotti's The Nightmare Factory. It's not exceptionally rare or anything, just usually a bit on the expensive side for a trade paperback.

Comment

I had to order the new Lansdale collection from SST, and while I was there I picked up Paradise Sky and Hell's Bounty. They arrived last night and beautiful they are. I received another discount coupon and thank you note (SST provide a lovely unboxing experience) but I realised I didn't use one of the coupons sitting on my desk from previous purchases. Doh!
                  I am reading an ebook of Paradise Sky at the moment and have about 40 pages left. A wonderful book.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                    Shipping for this was incredible. I paid twice the cost of the book in shipping fees from Hungary.
                    I usually pay twice the cost of the book in shipping when I order from CD! Postage to Australia from the USA is ridiculous.

Comment

I don't own many lettered editions (only one) so when I saw this one on eBay for 39.99 I impulsively hit the Buy It Now button. Since I don't usually swim in the lettered waters I don't know if it's a stellar deal but I'm happy with it. It's letter J.

MICK GARRIS DEVELOPMENT HELL LETTERED.jpg

Comment

I don't own many lettered editions (only one) so when I saw this one on eBay for 39.99 I impulsively hit the Buy It Now button. Since I don't usually swim in the lettered waters I don't know if it's a stellar deal but I'm happy with it. It's letter J.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21414[/ATTACH]
                        Nice addition. It is a fun read as well!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21414[/ATTACH]
                          The price is fantastic and from what I can in the picture you posted it looks to be in great shape. Are there any dings/scratches/bumps we can't see? I think you got a great deal.

Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            The price is fantastic and from what I can in the picture you posted it looks to be in great shape. Are there any dings/scratches/bumps we can't see? I think you got a great deal.

Cap
                            The traycase has a couple of minor dings and one of the corners has a split.

MICK GARRIS DEVELOPMENT HELL LETTERED traycase.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              Folio edition of Starship Troopers. Very nice. Included a picture of the box it came in lol!
                              That's a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                                I had to order the new Lansdale collection from SST, and while I was there I picked up Paradise Sky and Hell's Bounty. They arrived last night and beautiful they are. I received another discount coupon and thank you note (SST provide a lovely unboxing experience) but I realised I didn't use one of the coupons sitting on my desk from previous purchases. Doh!
                                I am reading an ebook of Paradise Sky at the moment and have about 40 pages left. A wonderful book.
                                Congrats on getting Blood in the Gears! Do you have Cosmic Interruptions too? As someone who doesn't have a lot of Lansdale short stories, SST's series is right on time!

Also, have you read The Thicket? That's the only Lansdale I thought was better than Paradise Sky. And it's the best Earthling edition I own. Not to give you any more books to buy! But you must buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X