Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate your support!!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Hey, I care! Bath and Body Works soaps are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      That does make sense - I just don’t remember reading that the we’re going to do it that way. Not that that it matters much

Thanks for that info.
      We never really posted about it. It wasn't as much about help messing it up as much as it was that shipping was messing them up. It started with Carrie, but was rampant on Salems' Lot, mostly because there were actually too many prints in that one. We just decided to ship them all outside the folder for this one to avoid that problem entirely. It's the downside to the type of folders we used, but then again had we used fancier folders, we would have had to charge a lot more.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Picked up this James Crumley thin hardcover at a recent book sale. As-new, 25 pages of a "work in progress," 1/200 signed and numbered copies by Lord John Press. Runs around $100 on ABE and the usual suspects, I picked it up for five bucks. Hard to beat that deal.

(stock photo found on the web)

Other recent acquisitions include Michael Chislett's CITY OF GHOSTS, Sarob Press HC, and McCammon's THE LISTENER (which I'm reading right now and loving).
        Very nice find!

Comment

I appreciate your support!!
          I am sure those near you appreciate your use of soap as well! Now I have the 'Fruity Soaps' from Waking Ned Devine in my head.

Comment

Picked up this James Crumley thin hardcover at a recent book sale. As-new, 25 pages of a "work in progress," 1/200 signed and numbered copies by Lord John Press. Runs around $100 on ABE and the usual suspects, I picked it up for five bucks. Hard to beat that deal.

(stock photo found on the web)

Other recent acquisitions include Michael Chislett's CITY OF GHOSTS, Sarob Press HC, and McCammon's THE LISTENER (which I'm reading right now and loving).
            Love Crumley!! I bought all those books when they first came out and have hung onto them for years! Kent Anderson, Richard Russo, early James Lee Burke, Jamie Harrison, great writers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I got a notification in late February that it was going to be announced but I was already getting one as part of a book club that I had ordered. I do not recall a general announcement. They may have offered the remaining available to people who had purchased Novella series directly from them or people who have purchased the authors on the past and sold out. Not really sure but that may be it.
              I hope it's not the case that this one is Sold Out and will not be offered to the general public, though that does appear to be the case. I've been collecting the Novella series since the first volume, and I'd hate to think I'm going to get shut out because I don't belong to the secret-handshake club. I know I have the ability to be part of the club if I want to pay for it, but for better or worse that has always rubbed me the wrong way.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I hope it's not the case that this one is Sold Out and will not be offered to the general public, though that does appear to be the case. I've been collecting the Novella series since the first volume, and I'd hate to think I'm going to get shut out because I don't belong to the secret-handshake club. I know I have the ability to be part of the club if I want to pay for it, but for better or worse that has always rubbed me the wrong way.
                I'm pretty positive we offered this one to anyone who purchased the last book in the Novella series from us. If you didn't get that email or just missed it shoot me an email, I'm pretty sure we held onto a few for instances like these.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  I'm pretty positive we offered this one to anyone who purchased the last book in the Novella series from us. If you didn't get that email or just missed it shoot me an email, I'm pretty sure we held onto a few for instances like these.
                  Thanks, Dan, but, no, I’ve been getting mine from a bookseller. I appreciate the reply, though; hopefully some will hit the aftermarket.

Comment

Thanks, Dan, but, no, I’ve been getting mine from a bookseller. I appreciate the reply, though; hopefully some will hit the aftermarket.
                    Ahh which bookseller. I believe I offered them to all of our retailers (or at least the ones with standing orders).

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      Ahh which bookseller. I believe I offered them to all of our retailers (or at least the ones with standing orders).
                      Camelot, but it’s not on the reoccurring same-number program. I’ll get in touch with her and see if she has some copies. Thanks.

Comment

The Subterranean Press grab bag has arrived, It feels weighty, fortuitous. I wrestle it into the Living room, with a practiced flip of the wrist, I open my constant companion, the Gerber Applegate-Fairburn combat knife. I slice the packing tape, not to deep, don’t want to damage the books, too shallow and you have to do it again.
                        “your going to hurt yourself with that knife. Be careful.” Wives!
                        The box explodes. Hated packing peanuts all over the floor. Plastic bags and packing peanuts the scourge of modern man. Another reason I like Centipede Press, they use bubble wrap lol!! And now the moment I’ve been waiting 12 days for.
                        So, what do we have. Not the jack-pot I was hoping for, no McCammon, Abercrombie, Brett or Scalzi. I did get: Station Eleven Emilt St. John Mandel, Heroes and Villains Lewis Shiner, Perdido Peter Straub, The emperor and the Maula Robert Silverberg, Penric’s Mission Lois McMaster Bujold, The Compleat Crow Brian Lumley, River’s Edge James P. Blaylock, Eternity’s Wheel Neil Gaiman, et al, Lost Soul Kelly Armstrong, The Unorthodox Dr. Draper and other stories William Browning Spencer and The Millennium Express 1995-2009 Robert Silverberg.
                        Not over joyed, but not completely disappointed.
                        Have a great Weekend everybody!!

Tried to upload some photos but they wouldn't take. I'll try again later.
                        Last edited by mhatchett; 03-24-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

The Cases of Dana Roberts chapbook!
                          IMG_4413.JPG

Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .

Comment

After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20556[/ATTACH]

Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .
                            Congratulations, I have never heard of that one.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20556[/ATTACH]

Congrats — that is indeed a tough one to find! I’m in for that new one you mention, but only because I’ve had no luck finding the one you picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Congratulations, I have never heard of that one.
                                It was only available when you purchased the LE of Sub Press's Tales of Dark Fantasy 2. It was limited to 250 copies, so I assume that there is only 250 of these as well (no numbering, not signed.)

It'll look nice next to my Little Green Book of Monster Stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X