Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
    Received Hell's Bounty by the Champion Mojo Storyteller Joe Lansdale and his brother, John earlier in the week. I missed out when it went up for pre-order at SubPress. I knew I wanted the book, but I couldn't afford it as I had other books I wanted more. When it sold out, I was resigned to paying the inevitable after market mark up on E-Bay. Imagine my surprise when it showed up in stock at Amazon for only thirty bones. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough.

Nice clean book. The Timothy Truman cover is amazing, just like the rest of the Lansdale titles he's done for SubPress. It was nice to see it utilized on the signature page as well. Super happy to have added it to my steadily growing Champion Joe collection.

edit: looks like it's available again directly from SubPress.
    Very nice. I really wanted this one. Funds are still kind of tight right now. That cover is amazing.

Comment

Yeah, I still need to get that one, too. Looks as nice as I'd expect from Sub Press...beautiful.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I almost purchased the book for the DJ art alone! Do you guys know if Sub sells DJs like CD does? Or any other publisher for that matter. I've gotten a budding interest in collecting and framing cover art that I really like.
        Last edited by Brian861; 03-06-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Hey Brian,
          Centipede does.

Comment

I've got some of Centipede's Jim Thompson covers if you'd like. No charge since they just put them in a box with a book awhile back. I'll just have to find them - moved in August and there are still a handful of boxes around that haven't gotten unpacked.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            I almost purchased the book for the DJ art alone! Do you guys know if Sub sells DJs like CD those? Or any other publisher for that matter. I've gotten a budding interest in collecting and framing cover art that I really like.
            Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Hey Brian,
            Centipede does.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Hey Brian, Centipede does.
              Thanks for the info, Mike!

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I've got some of Centipede's Jim Thompson covers if you'd like. No charge since they just put them in a box with a book awhile back. I'll just have to find them - moved in August and there are still a handful of boxes around that haven't gotten unpacked.
              Sweet offer, Jason! Thanks! If you could PM me the titles so that I can look them up or shoot me some pics, that would be great. No rush. Whenever ya get around to going through the boxes. I'll pay your shipping cost of course if I decide I want 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
                Received Hell's Bounty by the Champion Mojo Storyteller Joe Lansdale and his brother, John earlier in the week. I missed out when it went up for pre-order at SubPress. I knew I wanted the book, but I couldn't afford it as I had other books I wanted more. When it sold out, I was resigned to paying the inevitable after market mark up on E-Bay. Imagine my surprise when it showed up in stock at Amazon for only thirty bones. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough.

Nice clean book. The Timothy Truman cover is amazing, just like the rest of the Lansdale titles he's done for SubPress. It was nice to see it utilized on the signature page as well. Super happy to have added it to my steadily growing Champion Joe collection.

edit: looks like it's available again directly from SubPress.
                I'm such an easy target. I was going to give this one a pass -- gasp! yes, my first Lansdale pass! -- based on the very lukewarm reviews I've read of it and I'm trying -- trying, anyhow -- to cut down on my purchases this year. But your beautiful photos dashed those aspirations all to he** and it's back on my To Get list.

Comment

I thought I missed my chance to get this, but right before shipping SP said they had a few more copies and expected it to be a sellout before shipping so I snagged one. They of course found more after shipping ...

I'm excited out the new I Travel By Night book from Robert McCammon that went live this morning.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I'm such an easy target. I was going to give this one a pass -- gasp! yes, my first Lansdale pass! -- based on the very lukewarm reviews I've read of it and I'm trying -- trying, anyhow -- to cut down on my purchases this year. But your beautiful photos dashed those aspirations all to he** and it's back on my To Get list.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    I'm excited out the new I Travel By Night book from Robert McCammon that went live this morning.
                    I am, too, though I've opted to go the trade route on this series, so at least I don't have to sweat getting one right away.

Comment

I think that Sub Press is trying to kill my budget with this new announcement. That being said, I'm pretty excited as well.

Comment

I only have the eBook of I Travel By Night, so I had to go the trade option. I did grab a scratch and dent return of Stinger ($30 - can't pass that up) and ordered what I hope is truly a "very good" copy of I Travel By Night.

I don't want to think about how much I've spent on McCammon in the last 6 months - but then again, I had no idea who was until last year either, and like Joe Lansdale, it's become a MUST BUY IT ALL!!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        I am, too, though I've opted to go the trade route on this series, so at least I don't have to sweat getting one right away.
                        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        I think that Sub Press is trying to kill my budget with this new announcement. That being said, I'm pretty excited as well.

Comment

OK, my weirdest purchase of the year, I couldn't pass it up. Yesterday we went to a small antique mall down the road. it was a nice day, good for a drive. I walked in and saw this and I was like "I need this for Halloween." I think you kind of understand me, if you're thinking, "This guy is thinking about Halloween In march, I get it lol!" He was a trash can cover produced in the 50's for Ocean View Amusement Park in Norfolk VA. The Park was closed down in 1979 and was featured in the movie Death of Ocean View Park. I plan on refreshing his paint and displaying him this year. Cast Metal, weighs about 80 pounds, open on both sides. You know you've been with the right woman for 38 years when she sees it and says, "You have to get that." I don't usually talk prices, but I paid about $100.00 for him. I'll post the after pictures once I'm done. It's the small adventures, isn't it lol!!
                          IMG_0642.jpg
                          IMG_0643.jpg

Comment

That's a really cool and interesting purchase! There's so much cool and interesting stuff out there in the world. Maybe I need to hit the antique stores more often.

Comment

Thats pretty cool, I would have snapped that up also.
                              If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Absolutely awesome! haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X