No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last purchase was at my local Chapters - had a $10 coupon that had to be used, so I picked up a pb copy of Alastair Reynold's Revelation Space. One I've been looking forward to getting my hands on!

Comment

Planning on updating the Book Reviews thread with pics of books I've received since originally posting but thought those not interested in the thread might really dig this aspect of Subterranean's lettered Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore:

SAM_1601.jpg

SAM_1603.jpg

Here's why the lettering looks as it does:

Spoiler!
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        Planning on updating the Book Reviews thread with pics of books I've received since originally posting but thought those not interested in the thread might really dig this aspect of Subterranean's lettered Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17782[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17783[/ATTACH]

Here's why the lettering looks as it does:

Spoiler!
        Fantastic! Would live to see some interior photo's.

Comment

That Alan Moore lettered edition is really nice! I have yet to add a Subterranean Press lettered edition to my collection, mostly because they all the ones that I want are out of my price range. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Did CD get their Voice copies yet?

Comment

I love it Bugens! I've been considering making the purchase of the numbered edition, but have been a bit gun shy. Love Moore, but am uncertain if I will enjoy a full length book from him.

Comment

The first chapter was really hard to get through but it was an interesting voice. I found it easier to understand if I read it aloud (something I couldn't do on my normal train commute though.)

I didn't find the story as wowing as some of his comic stuff. It's probably one of those books I'll have to reread to better appreciate.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                I love it Bugens! I've been considering making the purchase of the numbered edition, but have been a bit gun shy. Love Moore, but am uncertain if I will enjoy a full length book from him.

Comment

Thank you guys, I'm really happy with it.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Fantastic! Would live to see some interior photo's.
                  Martin unfortunately there isn't much more art to the interior. Actually my kindle version had more, though not the complicated DJ picture. I've snapped a couple more pics for you:

SAM_1658.jpg

SAM_1659.JPG

SAM_1662.JPG
                  -John Barth

Comment

Book looks great! I will say that I enjoy reading your reviews and adding pics of the books would def give it great value

Comment

Thanks Julzz, I appreciate you saying.

Just updated The Ruins with some pics and I think it does make for more complete overview, especially when the physical book in question has some real quality to it. This was one of the books that was very expensive from the get-go, then CD removed the traycase, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that they gave customers the option for a refund when they announced about the traycases, and considered it, but in the end I'm glad I kept the book. It's a hell of a horror story and a very nice production.
                      -John Barth

Comment

Thank you guys, I'm really happy with it.

Martin unfortunately there isn't much more art to the interior. Actually my kindle version had more, though not the complicated DJ picture. I've snapped a couple more pics for you:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17789[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17790[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17791[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for the additional photos.

Comment

Just updated The Ruins with some pics and I think it does make for more complete overview, especially when the physical book in question has some real quality to it. This was one of the books that was very expensive from the get-go, then CD removed the traycase, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that they gave customers the option for a refund when they announced about the traycases, and considered it, but in the end I'm glad I kept the book. It's a hell of a horror story and a very nice production.
                          I agree 100%. I love both of the Scott Smith lettered editions. CD did a heck of job with them!

Comment

My latest:

Limitation page (initialed by Michael Alpert):

John

Comment

Some people know that I "discovered" Joe R Lansdale last year after purchasing the Humble Bundle of Subterranean Press ebooks. Ever since then, I've been on a slow trek of acquiring copies of all of his books. The tricky part for me is that while I want to collect what he's written, and I'm only doing it for the content not the format, it is very difficult not to spend a small fortune doing this because it seems like almost every book of his has had a special edition done on it. $10 for a signed trade hardcover 1st, or $90 for the CD/Sub version . . . so tempting still!

But luckily I've controlled myself (for the most part,) and it's not like his signature is hard to come by (he's very similar to Joe Hill on that aspect.)

Last week, I acquired 16 books (not all Lansdale,) and another Lansdale one arrived this morning.

Two of the Lansdale books that I got last week came from a killer sale that PS was having. For £10 each (ended up being about $43 after shipping,) I got signed/numbered copies of Edge of Dark Water and Trapped in the Saturday Matinee. Cover price on both of these were a combined £$109.98. I can't complain at the price I paid!

lansdale_edge.jpg lansdale_saturday.jpg

My Lansdale shelf is coming along nicely - and I'm quickly running out of room.
                              lansdale_1.jpg lansdale_2.jpg lansdale_3.jpg

Comment

Looking good, Jason! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X