Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think that is easily a reason to go through Ebay if they do not refund.
    I agree. I've purchased from him before without incident and I'd purchase from him again. He said it was an oversight on his part and I don't have reason not to believe him. Anyway, the return process has been initiated through eBay and the book is already on it's way back to him. I honestly don't foresee anymore issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I agree. I've purchased from him before without incident and I'd purchase from him again. He said it was an oversight on his part and I don't have reason not to believe him. Anyway, the return process has been initiated through eBay and the book is already on it's way back to him. I honestly don't foresee anymore issues.
      Sounds good, but tell him....we're watching........

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Sounds good, but tell him....we're watching........
        LOL!! Will do my friend.

Comment

Finally showed up today:

John

Comment

It will be awhile for mine since I am getting it with the CD slipcase. No hurry though since I have read the story.
            Originally posted by jhanic View Post
            Finally showed up today:

John

Comment

I'll end up with two copies of it because I ordered one from CD with the slipcase, but then apparently also preordered one through a local bookstore. I figure why not, now I can have a copy on my King shelf and on my HCC shelf.

Comment

Me as well Martin although I haven't read it yet.

Comment

Me as well Martin although I haven't read it yet.
                  You are missing a good story! It fits well in the Hard Case stories.

Comment

I really enjoyed The Colorado Kid. I have it (Joyland)downstairs in paperback. Just haven't managed to get to it yet (along with several other King titles :-/).
                    Last edited by Brian861; 10-03-2015, 03:55 AM.

Comment

I liked The Colorado Kid, but it really feels to me like King wrote the story right up to the point where a supernatural element had to be introduced to move the story forward, then stopped so he could call it a crime novel.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        I liked The Colorado Kid, but it really feels to me like King wrote the story right up to the point where a supernatural element had to be introduced to move the story forward, then stopped so he could call it a crime novel.
                        I have a theory as to what happened but won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. Not a crime novel at all IMHO.

Comment

I have a theory as to what happened but won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. Not a crime novel at all IMHO.
                          I would call it a mystery and not a crime novel. I also really liked the way the story ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I would call it a mystery and not a crime novel. I also really liked the way the story ends.
                            Concur.

Comment

Excited bout these book. Will read these this month. A knight of the seven kingdom I especially excited about. This book has tons and I mean TONS of illustrations.
                              Edit: Also I'm looking into HardCaseCrime (never heard of it) and it looks like they have some interesting books. Might try out a couple.

Last edited by Julzz; 10-07-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

The Big Book of Sherlock Holmes Stores proof with The Doctor's Case:

John

Comment

Working...
                                X