• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    No, I just have the paperbacks, but they're good enough. For now
    THE COMPLETE KANE

BY KARL EDWARD WAGNER
    Judging by the responses on this, a lot of you are excited about the Kane books and stories. Tom Kidd, Matthew Jaffe, Scott Fischer, Brom, and this guy Boco that I showed some artwork to you last week, seem to be top picks. I’ll keep you posted on how this is going.
    Would anyone have old issues of Midnight Sun, Fantasy Newsletter, and Fantasy Crossroads that they would feel comfortable loaning out?
    And more news.
    FRITZ LEIBER
    A lot of requests have come in over the years regarding Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser by Fritz Leiber. Guess what? Hardcover rights are secure! Hooray! So the next question is now that I have it, what do you want to see? Right off the bat, it has to be individual books in a box set. Each book signed and numbered, there’s no way around that. An omnibus will be just too huge to hold. I was thinking 6 x 10 size, like my The Sheep Look Up — good size, not too large. And illustrations. Of course. The question is, who? Tim Kirk is the guy that springs to mind first for me. But what do you all think? People have strong opinions on this. I’d like to hear yours.

can't wait!
    Mike

Comment

Haven't read his Kane books, but I'd be down for CP editions of Leiber's Fafhrd and Grey Mouser books. If i could afford them. Something tells me they'll be outta my reach financially.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Oh hell, they're gonna break my bank, ha ha.

Also I don't know the others on the list of artists but I love Brom's work, his work would be fantastic artistic accompaniment to the Kane stories.

Comment

I won a King's Way trade edition of Scott Nicholson's The Skull Ring on eBay for cheap the other day and purchased Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts for the Kindle earlier today thanks to the Amazon daily deal
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series is great. I read them as they came out.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
              Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series is great. I read them as they came out.

John
              I'll be honest, Love the short stories, the novels are ok. "Reflections on the Winter of My Soul'(?) My favorite werewolf story. Just full of action, irony, humor, pain, all the good stuff.
              MDH

Comment

Just got this yesterday! Really a nice project to help someone out with their medical bills from Cancer.
                HPIM1470.jpg
                Happy New year one and all! May our books all be bargains in 2014!!
                Mike

Comment

Oh cool! For who are they raising money? Nice list there too, has some bigs names in the fantasy field. I am always impressed when authors and publishers get together to do this for fellow authors, like everyone raising money to help Tom Picirilli.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    I'll be honest, Love the short stories, the novels are ok. "Reflections on the Winter of My Soul'(?) My favorite werewolf story. Just full of action, irony, humor, pain, all the good stuff.
                    MDH
                    I haven't read them all, but I do love that particular story too. I really liked Dark Crusade, though it's much shorter than Darkness Weaves.
                    Last edited by Theli; 12-31-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

You've inspired me. I'm going to post a photo of my Kane collection in the next day or so. The actually raised my for Shawn Speakman the editor. It was his second bout with Cancer. Hopefully he'll be OK.
                      Mike

Comment

HAppy New Year all!! As promised, I've posted my KEW Kane titles. While I was taking pictures, I decided I'd go ahead and post the rst of his books that I own. I'm pretty proud of the Carcosa books that I have. The Book of Kane published by Grant is another favorite. Hope Y'all enjoy the pictures and have a great New Year!!
                        Mike
                        IMG_0294.jpg
                        IMG_0296.jpg
                        IMG_0297.jpg
                        IMG_0298.jpg

Comment

An awesome collection, Mike!!!
                          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                            An awesome collection, Mike!!!
                            Thanks!

Comment

Yup truly amazing! KEW was a highly underrated master of fiction. I've been wanting to grab the Book of Kane for a while, just to have a nice HC collection, that may change with the Centipede release. I've had Murgunstrumm by Hugh B. Cave on my to read list for a while too, that's a beautiful hard cover you got there. My one question is; what is Raven's Eyrie?
                              Last edited by Theli; 01-01-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

LOL! Audio Cassettes, read by Roger Zelazny. I've always wanted the Deluxe slipcased edition of the Grant. Haven't found it at the right price yet, but I will one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X