Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Purchased two of the most recent Grab Bags. I will post my thoughts once I have them in hand. My thoughts on Grab Bags in general. I have purchased Grab Bags from The Overlook Connection, PS Publishing and Cemetery Dance in the past. My expectations on a grab bag is that I may get duplicates or items I do not care for but I expect to receive value for the amount paid. This is the reason I have never purchased one from Subterranean Press as they are too expensive for me to believe I will see value against the purchase price. The one and only grab bag I purchased from PS Publishing, while I found value in the purchase, the books were not of interest to me and the general quality of PS books is closer to trade editions then Limited editions. I have not purchased another one and probably will not. I cherry pick my PS purchases. The Overlook Connection grab bag was basically junk, If I remember correctly it contained two books and a bunch of cheap trinkets. I believe I threw out most of the items I received. This one was bad enough that I no longer look at their website and have no interest in purchasing from them again. I have purchased many grab bags from Cemetery Dance and have no hesitation in ordering them when offered. I am careful not to purchase them when I already own most of the 'in stock' books. This was learned when I received a grab bag a while back that contained all duplicates. I still feel that I received value in fact I think I received about hat I paid for them when I traded them at Powell's Books. I have also received 'scratch and dent' items that were near perfect and on one occasion one that looked like it had been run over. I general I find value in the CD grab bags.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Just an FYI these will be shipping towards the very end of December assuming all goes according to plan.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    This most recent one is the first that I've purchased. I'm interested in seeing what I manage to receive.

Leave a comment:

• ClydeUmney
    started a topic Recent grab bags? Opinions

Recent grab bags? Opinions

Did anyone else purchase the last Cemetery Dance grab bag that was offered in 2015? Feel free to share what you receive in yours when they arrive.

Also, if you didn't purchase the CD grab bag this time, what's been your luck with them either here at Cemetery Dance or with other publishers? Thanks!
Working...
X