Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Favorite Publishers, Their best Books

Hey,
    Best as in, your favorites from that publisher, limit 3. I know but had to make it kind of challenging. Of course, I will start with Cemetery Dance. October Dreams for me hands down, simply because it was my first CD title. Hell Hollow introduced me to Ron Kelly and Four Octobers, well by golly, I just like it a lot. This should be fun. I look forward to discovering a lot of great new books, publishers and authors!IMG_0310.jpg

You are making it hard so I am picking three publishers.

First from Grant. I love these three. Stephen Gervais' art on the cover of Christine is one of my favorite pieces. Both editions of Desperation are awesome but I only include the gift edition because the s/l editions of Desperation, Black House, and Prime Evil are similar in design so I included PE in the photo.
    I would also add my Dark Tower books but does that count as one book?
    Grant.jpg
    Last edited by subie09lega; 03-21-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Now Centipede Press. I love their designs and production values.

All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By by John Farris, the inferior gift edition of SK's 'Salem's Lot, and slipcased edition of Knowing Darkness (I didn't have room to put in the traycased edition but both are noteworthy).

Centipede.jpg

Comment

And finally, Scream/Press. One of my favorite s/l editions. I only have one of their books so this one was easier to decide.

Scream.jpg

Comment

I am going to add one more and then I'll shut up. Here are my favorite SubPress editions.

I love the Matthew Corbett series and look forward to the future editions. Just got the s/l edition of The Shining from my friendly neighborhood postal carrier - beautiful book.

SubPr1.jpg

Comment

Sweet! I'm adding my favorite Arkham House Title Who Fears the Devil Manly Wade Wellman 1963.
            wellman 10001.jpg wellman 20001.jpg

Comment

I don't have that many books to choose from but I really like CD's 'It 25th Anniversary Edition' as well as SP's 'The Shining'. Two of my favorite books given a beautiful treatment.

Comment

Love the look of the Arkham House book.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Sweet! I'm adding my favorite Arkham House Title Who Fears the Devil Manly Wade Wellman 1963.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]14908[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]14909[/ATTACH]
                  That's one of my most favorite Arkham House books. Unfortunately, I sold almost my entire collection of Arkham House volumes a few years ago. I wish I had kept that one.

John

Comment

It even came with the old dust jacket, with the brown trim around the edge. I have a few other Arkham titles, but this one is special because for years I just had the paperbacks. Really Love the Silver John stories.

Comment

My favorite Donald Grant's, Hawks of Outremer 1979, Sowers of Thunder 1973, Illustrated by Roy Krenkel, The Last Celt
                      edited by Glen Lord, 1976. "Grim tales of savagery by Robert Howard". One of my all time favorite authors. I discovered his historical fiction long after I had read the Conan/Kull Lancer edtions. The zebra paperbacks from 1975/76 are some of my absolute favorite books.IMG_0311.jpg

Comment

The thing I like about Subterranean Press is the variety of offerings. Lots of genres. Fantasy, Sword & Sorcery, Epic Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, whatever you choose to call it, is my posion. The Joe Abrecrombie books are so well done. The First Law Trilogy is just top notch!IMG_0312.jpg

Comment

Nightshade Books! They're kind of gone now, or at least significant changed in what and how they publish, but I think their Wellman series is really well done. I got the free slipcase since I signed up for the whole set. I love their Wagner Kane effort. I've read people express some editorial issues, but I've missed what they were in my enjoyment of the books, in hardback for the first time, novels and short stories complete.
                          IMG_0313.jpg

Comment

I like SubPress. This morning I ordered their lettered HOUSE OF CHAINS (Steven Erikson).

sk

Comment

Mhatchett: I absolutely love the Howard and Wagner books.

Comment

Working...
                              X