Worth getting a LE without a slipcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth getting a LE without a slipcase?

I'd like to get the new Joe Hill LE but I'm a bit concerned that at $125 it doesn't come with a slipcase. I figure if you're going to pay over $100 for a book there should be some way of preserving it.
    Last edited by CyberGhostface; 12-04-2012, 10:07 PM.

I agree somewhat. With the extras that are coming with the limited, though, I don't think $125 (and no shipping in the US) is out-of-line.

John

Comment

While I do want this (though I can't afford it right now) I do agree with you about the slipcase. If I am going to spend that much on a new book I would like to have something to protect it against things like dings and shelfwear.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I'll probably just get the Trade HC, but I'm a big fan of alternate endings in movies, so...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Mr. Hill announced a couple of months back that Subterranean would be doing a limited. He indicated that the related Christmasland comic would be included in the limited. I was very nervous about this because in my opinion while Subterranean does good work they are often overpriced. While I would prefer a slipcase I was expecting this book to be in the $250 range. I was happy with the $125 price. With that said I will be comparing it to my gift edition of It when I have it.

Comment

Maybe CD could do a slipcase?? Hint, hint.

John

Comment

I think I need to hold onto my monies for The Shining.....
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I agree with Squire on waiting for The Shining. I thought about making this my first Joe Hill but I'd rather either order the Talisman/Black House Gift set or just wait altogether for The Shining.

Comment

I've got to find a way to get this one; I've got a pretty good Joe collection. Maybe I'll get Christmas money.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                  X